Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
favored a 2.5" 357 snubbie as a "town gun", worn in a BOOT. you ever TRIED walking with a wheelgun in your boot? This was favored because it was accurate enough to take 75 yd coyotes from his truck on the way to and from town. Like he just COULDN'T have an ARstashed in the truck, with 2-3x the range of ANY snub revolver, right? ross is a MANYmultimillionaire, guys, so he could EASILY afford to risk losing a weatherby by theft from his truck. He can also afford to have a VERY effective alarm system, bullet proofing, etc on that truck. He knew very well that a lwc in .38 super would far surpass the .357 snubby in both controlability and reach, yet he put out such bs in his G and A column, and nearly eveyone just SLURPED it down! :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
favored a 2.5" 357 snubbie as a "town gun", worn in a BOOT. you ever TRIED walking with a wheelgun in your boot? This was favored because it was accurate enough to take 75 yd coyotes from his truck on the way to and from town. Like he just COULDN'T have an ARstashed in the truck, with 2-3x the range of ANY snub revolver, right? ross is a MANYmultimillionaire, guys, so he could EASILY afford to risk losing a weatherby by theft from his truck. He can also afford to have a VERY effective alarm system, bullet proofing, etc on that truck. He knew very well that a lwc in .38 super would far surpass the .357 snubby in both controlability and reach, yet he put out such bs in his G and A column, and nearly eveyone just SLURPED it down! :)
Are you reloading Ross?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
best you can do, follow me around? rhetorical question, since we all know that it IS the best you can do

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Tough not for everyone, me being Capt. Obvious here, but maybe it's that some people do things like that for the challenge of it?

Just saying.

There are shooting sports out there that I wouldn't do if I was a billionaire with all the time in the world.

While others I'd do just for fun.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in theory, he "needed" a pistol to get coyote pelts for his wife's coat to be. he also hotrodded a 22.250, because a coyote would regularly sunbathe, some place "just out of reach' of regular 22.-250, so of course, gotta do the "improved" bs. Like, CANT just use his 257 Weatherby. or set traps on that cliff edge, etc.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
About as short a barrel on a revolver- that I could actually hit anything with- was the 3 inchers....I used to pack an SP-101, but I sure couldn't do the ankle/ boot thing with it...just me though. I know people who can hit better and further with a snub than I would have thought possible, but I am NOT one of them...I tended to favor that set up just for the longer ejection rod- a lot of the snubbies had shorter ejection rods that were kind of sticky with any kind of warm .38's or .357's. I think I the only weapons I ever carried in a boot regularly were knives and (very rarely) the P64... Not having an external slide stop, it worked well with an tool/wrench pouch in my old biker boots I adapted for that purpose ( I was dealing with a " neighborhood issue " at the time, and had a need for some things I could access sitting down easily and discreetly... And those ranges would have been " thoractic cavity, 7-15 yards", not " Coyote at rifle range. Still, if he COULD pull that off I'm impressed.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this shooting was to have been done from a truck, so why not just use a RIFLE, hmm? Rifle is easily stowed behind the seat of a truck.

A member of this forum had a 2" m37 with which I could reliably hit 10" disks at 75 yds, standing unsupported. :)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I really enjoy older holsters being made of leather, kydex is functional but just doesn't have the classic look.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't recall that you'd met BoB, Joe. When bob confronted me about Kay, I was wearing a crossdraw that he'd made, under a hung out shirttail. Bet that irked him more than a little

I'd prepaid him for a copy of his fast draw book. when they came in, he sent a copy to me with Kay, and autographed it to 'John Davis, the fastest draw alive with the real thing" :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I really enjoy older holsters being made of leather, kydex is functional but just doesn't have the classic look.
I use leather holsters for my self defense guns and for some C&R handguns as well, but there is something to be said for nylon also. I HATE Kydex.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I don't care much for plain kydex but the better laminate ones like Safariland's stuff I like.

Like the 3004 I have for my Glock 17.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts