Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who wins?

This video doesn't play on my comp at work, but it did at home. Enjoy... :madeuce:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about if the RPG guy is out in the open street and the SAW guy is behind cover? Saw guy has about 20-25 rounds, RPG has one grenade.

Is the video working (it's not that long)? It's quite decisive. :)

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
andy said:
depends upon range, available cover, skill, how many "shots" with each, etc. No hard and fast answer.
Definitely an apples & oranges thing, but 90+% of the time, (assuming you mean one fully loaded weapon of either), I'd prefer SAW.

Could be just my recent obsession with suppressors, but those SAW shots sounded quieter than you'd expect. Had to be either a long ways off, a microphone fluke, or suppressed fire. M4, perhaps...?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
It IS an apples to oranges kind of thing. However, the SAW can shoot you up close and personal, the RPG must fly (if I recall) 13 Meters before it's armed. I remember one stuck in the door of a 2 1/2 ton truck that had been fired from about 20 feet. Flames were shooting out the back, but the warhead did not go off. The driver of the truck was never quite the same, afterwards.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
20 meters until it is armed

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it takes 20M for it to spin arm? I thought it was shorter than that.

BTW, I'm at home now, the vid works. An Iraqi insurgent is in the street with no cover, ready to fire an RPG at some positions and gets iced from the left side by a SAW.

cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
John in AR said:
Definitely an apples & oranges thing, but 90+% of the time, (assuming you mean one fully loaded weapon of either), I'd prefer SAW.

Could be just my recent obsession with suppressors, but those SAW shots sounded quieter than you'd expect. Had to be either a long ways off, a microphone fluke, or suppressed fire. M4, perhaps...?

totaly agree it is not a saw it is definatly a supressed m4 or similar
my reason for this is that a saw has no semi auto or in this case 3 round burst

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You know I remember the necessity for the wire guided stuff(TOWs and Dragons)to arm;I'd forgotten about the RPGs.Any thing different about the newer ones with the tandem warheads?This reminds me of why I preferredold recoiless systems-"Troopies in the open? Flechettes on the way" :dgrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is an awesome piece of footage. I've played it at work for everyone and they can't get enough of watching that turd get laid out. Jeff Cooper alluded to it on line. Mentioned that he had previously attributed it to .308 fire but has since learned it was 5.56. He acknowledged the poodle shooting round seemed to work. LOL

Local radio personality (a former Marine) first attributed the fire to Marine snipers and co-workers were asking me about that and I had to call BS on that marketing.

I'd take SAW in a heartbeat. One of the few full auto's weapons I'd really like to shoot. For all the RPG's these islamo-fascists have put down range, they've really got little to show for it. (read extensively Iraq battle accounts)
There have been battles where it rained RPG's and the baddies have come up empty.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
War is a terrible thing. There isnt anything funny about that video.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Coyote,I LIKE that avatar you posted with.I was always more into ska,but some roots reggae&dancehall is defintitely in the "worth listening "category.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts