Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Which would be your Ruger 10/22 of choice from the choices below?

• Ruger All Weather, with full sized composite stock.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Ruger All Weather, with narrower composite stock as available from Walmart.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • SS Ruger 10/22 with wood stock.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Blue steel Ruger 10/22 with wood stock.

Votes: 15 45.5%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy my son a Ruger 10/22 as a graduation present from 8th grade and for getting good grades. He made the honor roll and his marks went up a pretty good deal - he had been failing one or two subjects earlier in the year; so I guess the incentive I offered him was a good one. Yep, I told him if he achieved certain grades he would get his own (so to speak) Ruger 10/22.

Now I am wondering a thing or two about off the shelf Ruger 10/22s. We were planning on getting the All Weather model: Stainless, with the synthetic full sized stock. There is also another made for Walmart with synthetic stock but the stock is much thinner than the regular All Weather. Then again there is the stainless model with the wood stock. I know most of the plusses and minuses of wood versus synthetic stocks; but what I want to know is: Speaking practically (not from an academic stand) which of these models do you think is best for all around use and why. Please share your experience with them. Thanks.

Best regards,
Glenn B

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TODD 3465 said:
Glenn- Right now I'd get him what he wants.
Also words of wisdom to go by. Yeah I am convinced I will get him the 10/22 All Weather. No problem with weight or fit and certainly what he wants....

Thanks again for all the input.

All the best,
GB :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Terry G said:
This thread made me laugh. Do you notice how many people have TWO Ruger 10/.22's? Why do you need two? It doesn't make sense .... People, think! Don't buy more than you need.
Heck - I have it all figured out. I only own one, and my son doesn't own any. So when I buy him his 10/22 we will each own one. Then again how could you ever have more guns than you need? (Rhetorical - does not need to be answered - especially by someone who only owns one gun and will never understand the joys of having and shooting more than one!)

As for the 10/22s breeding, that would be nice. Really now, there are never enough guns, and just like guns there is never enough ammo so if anyone figures out how to breed ammo let me know. :cool:

All the best,
Glenn B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.