Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Which would be your Ruger 10/22 of choice from the choices below?

• Ruger All Weather, with full sized composite stock.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Ruger All Weather, with narrower composite stock as available from Walmart.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • SS Ruger 10/22 with wood stock.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Blue steel Ruger 10/22 with wood stock.

Votes: 15 45.5%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thread revived from '04?

Coincides with my first 10/22 purchase last week. I've had several other .22's and still have a few, but never "The Ruger 10/22". I installed the rail today and an inexpensive Simmons 3x9x40. Yeah, I know. I swore them off years ago but it was new and free, I'm hoping it will hold up to the "recoil" of the massive .22LR. If it doesn't, I'll try something else. I dropped it off this afternoon for a trigger job. Mine's the carbine, kind of cheap and plain looking out of the box but it got a whole new look with the scope on - started looking like a rifle that might become a favorite.

So my initial plan is done, scope it and get a trigger job and see how it shoots. Did I mention I haven't shot it yet? My shooting buddies are in to .22's so I figured it was time to start my own 10/22 project. If it doesn't turn out to my expectations, I'll start Plan B. A Hogue stock and a stainless Green Mountain bbl. That's about as far as I'm willing to go with it.

Yeah, right!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.