Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color=red>*</font> U.S. Army Awards Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Contract for 5,000 Pistols <font color=red>*</font>
<font color=red>*</font> December 23, 2004 <font color=red>*</font>
<font color=red>*</font>
"Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), the nation’s largest firearms manufacturer, is proud to announce that it has been awarded a contract for 5,000 9mm pistols by the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island Arsenal, IL. The pistols to be supplied are Ruger KP95D models. The pistols incorporate a stainless steel slide and a custom polymer composite frame.
“We are honored to be part of the nation’s defense by furnishing the Army with Ruger P95 pistols,” said Sturm, Ruger President Stephen L. Sanetti. “As there are no longer any U.S. Government small arms factories, our country must rely on the private firearms manufacturing sector to provide arms for the common defense. Sturm, Ruger’s P95 pistols have developed a legendary reputation for strength, reliability, and value during the last ten years, and we are proud to have won the U.S. Army’s competitive bid with these fine firearms.”
“Our late founder, Bill Ruger, who began his firearms industry career 65 years ago designing small arms for the U.S. Government, would have been pleased,” Sanetti concluded.

The Ruger pistols to be supplied under this contract will be manufactured in the company’s Prescott, Arizona tmanufacturing facility. <font color=red>*</font>

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hard Ball said:
<font color=red>*</font> U.S. Army Awards Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Contract for 5,000 Pistols <font color=red>*</font>
<font color=red>*</font> December 23, 2004 <font color=red>*</font>
<font color=red>*</font>
"Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), the nation’s largest firearms manufacturer, is proud to announce that it has been awarded a contract for 5,000 9mm pistols by the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island Arsenal, IL. The pistols to be supplied are Ruger KP95D models. The pistols incorporate a stainless steel slide and a custom polymer composite frame.
“We are honored to be part of the nation’s defense by furnishing the Army with Ruger P95 pistols,” said Sturm, Ruger President Stephen L. Sanetti. “As there are no longer any U.S. Government small arms factories, our country must rely on the private firearms manufacturing sector to provide arms for the common defense. Sturm, Ruger’s P95 pistols have developed a legendary reputation for strength, reliability, and value during the last ten years, and we are proud to have won the U.S. Army’s competitive bid with these fine firearms.”
“Our late founder, Bill Ruger, who began his firearms industry career 65 years ago designing small arms for the U.S. Government, would have been pleased,” Sanetti concluded.

The Ruger pistols to be supplied under this contract will be manufactured in the company’s Prescott, Arizona tmanufacturing facility. <font color=red>*</font>
At least Ruger is an American company. But, why do I have the feeling of "Down the Tubes?"

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Personally I think the US Army would have been better off buying Vaqueros!!

Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
No kidding, it would be nice to see some hard hitting revolvers back in the field.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Anything is better than the M9. I've shot them and I'm very unimpressed. About time we got some American made guns on their hips.

As for performance, a 9mm is a 9mm is a 9mm, but at least the Ruger is more likely to not jam or break a slide or sear locking lugs!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
just goes to show ya, the military goes with the lowest bidder, oftentimes leaving the men with pos gear, like the junk Alice pack, pistolbelt, etc.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
how would you know it is a POS melvin? have you handled one? you would hav e had to to declare it one.

Oh well another e-mail to mike Fisher. YOu file must be getting thicker by the day. I suspect he will be wanting to conduct a no notic einspoection of yoru residence, vehichles and place of work soon.

Consider it a christmas present from me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
andy said:
just goes to show ya, the military goes with the lowest bidder, oftentimes leaving the men with pos gear, like the junk Alice pack, pistolbelt, etc.
At least the miltary don't use 10" POSCARs and POS Star chopped junkers. Hell Stupekid, you don't even have a pack!

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Gunkid works????? I thought that interferred with the SSI??

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
Gunkid works????? I thought that interferred with the SSI??
Only PAYING jobs would do that. His job is to fetch his wife's lunch and run her errands for her, in return she lets him sleep inside, and puts food and water in his bowls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts