Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

A few last questions.

1) Can anyone tell me in basic terms what the difference between the 22/45 and MarkII is? From their website, it seems that the MKII has more options, and has a different handle.
Are there any functional differences between the two?

2) Is there any advantage to getting a tapered barrel as opposed to a bull barrel? (I'm looking at the 5.5" long models.)

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
568 Posts
rhodostom, Near as I can tell, the 22/45 is layed out as a cross trainer for 1911 users. Grip angle, mag release, safety all the same or similar. This aside, they should function the same. I have the MKII 4"BB. It is a very good shooter. The bull bbl may contribute to this, however, it may just weigh more. The 4" std profile bbl may just be the best lightwieght shooter for the price! Although, my 4" Sig Trailside is lighter still, it carries a premium tag to go with the factory proof target (<.5"/25M)! I do like my 4"bull bl MKII! Just put some cocobolo custom grips on it, real nice.
anodes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anodes,

Thanks for the info. By shear dumb luck, I was able to go to a gun show in Davenport IA this weekend.

I handled both the Ruger MKII and 22/45. I definitely like the feel of the MKII better. I also held a Buckmark, but I still liked the MKII better.

Have a good one!
-m

1 - 3 of 3 Posts