Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brand new never fired ruger srh blue 7 1/2 in barrel 454 casull 400 sheckels. is it a good deal?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hey folks lookie here one of guntards followers and little helpers who has the same stayle as tard is here.

Shoooooo

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Unless it's half of retail, or less ,it's not a good deal. That's all any dealer is likely to give you (at best) The things serve no real purpose, and most guys know it. So it could cost you quite a bit when you realize the same thing.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey john now you are giving advice on the purchase fo firearms. I bet yoru parole officer would like to know about this.

And we all know zombo is one of yoru buddies.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Zombo, based on gun prices in Canada , that would be an excellent purchase. About various US states I'm sorry I have no idea.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Too good to be true

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
zombo said:
brand new never fired ruger srh blue 7 1/2 in barrel 454 casull 400 sheckels. is it a good deal?
If you can buy a never fired Ruger Super Red Hawk for Four hundred dollars, in good condition, In spite of what NUTTY JOHN says, it is a good guy buy.

A super Red Hawk in 454 Casull is next, on my agenda.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It's not new.
They retail for $725 new.
It might be "as new, unfired" (more likely fired once or twice and traded by a recoil pansy).
It's not blue, it's called a "target gray" finish. Basically, it's how the stainless looks coming out of the tumbler. I think it's a nice, low-glare finish. No such animal as a blued SRH, they are all stainless, the .44 Magnum is polished, the .454 and .480 have the target gray finish.

Doesn't matter though, that's a killer deal, even used, jump on it if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's a great price on an interesting gun. Buy it now!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
This thread is what comes out of the rear end of a grass eating horse. Anyone truly interested in this type of firearm would have done a little research of checked Fjestad's Blue book of gun values. The give away, John, was not even knowing the proper finish. You pose a question in one persona and answer it in another. Convicts are sooo predictable.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Crud. Wonder what his shower persona is like. Very submissive I'm sure.

(T)rika -- RIKA's evil twin sister

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
what's interesting about it? 20 ga shotgun slug performance, is all you get, at a very high price, in gun, ammo, practice time, harm to your hands and wrists, etc. Just ask John Taffin. He REALLY regrets firing lots of heavy loads in handguns. Lots of DA bs RUINED Ed McGivern's hands, too. The over-stress cause his hands to get full of arthritus.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Recoil Pansy.....

If you assume a proper stance not even a 454 will hurt your wrists. I've shot .44 Mag since I was 13, my hands have no regrets so far. Learn to shoot Andy, I'd say get a mans gun, but I forgot, your a convict :headbang:

BTW: a 454 Casul does what that 20 ga slug does in alot smaller of a package, sometimes even more accurately as well; you can at least put the 454 in your backpack. The gun is of less weight as well. Andy, I thought you were concerned with weight? Whats changed?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey andy why do you insist on coming here so we can make you our bitch each day? Are you some kind of electronic masochist?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The 20 ga slug comes up quite a bit short of the velocity of the .454.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Magnum88C said:
The 20 ga slug comes up quite a bit short of the velocity of the .454.
Thanks for the correction, for some reason I thought the velocities were similar, silly me. :headbang:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Lots of DA bs RUINED Ed McGivern's hands, too. The over-stress cause his hands to get full of arthritus.
Ed McGivern fired light 38 Special loads. I really doubt that they were the cause of the arthritis. If that were true every handgun shooter in America would have hand problems.

Andy, you are a recoil wimp suffering from revolver envy.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
DaRkWoLf said:
Thanks for the correction, for some reason I thought the velocities were similar, silly me. :headbang:
Sorry, dude, I was wrong. I was thinking of the MV of buckshot, the 1/2-oz 20 gauge slug runs at 1800 fps, the 300-gr (.69 oz) runs at 1650 fps. Although that is from a 7.5" barrel. I don't know what they run out of a Puma where the barrel length would be closer to that of the 20 gauge.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
andy said:
what's interesting about it? 20 ga shotgun slug performance, is all you get, at a very high price, in gun, ammo, practice time, harm to your hands and wrists, etc. Just ask John Taffin. He REALLY regrets firing lots of heavy loads in handguns. Lots of DA bs RUINED Ed McGivern's hands, too. The over-stress cause his hands to get full of arthritus.
BS gunkid. Show us a link or quote a book that says McGivern ruined his hands that way. I'm calling you a LIAR, gunkid. Right to your face.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts