Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shooting today. Carried along the Bulgarian MAK as well as the new Russian model. Ammo consisted of Barnaul 95gr HPs and Wolf ball. Both shot excellently with the ball ammo at 5, 10, 15 and 20 yds. The Bulgie shot equally well and to point of aim with the HPs. I was disappointed that I couldn't get the Russian adjustable sight to work well. Windage worked okay but elevation failed. Once I raised the sight up enough to hit at 20 yds it got all wobbly like there wasn't enough spring to steady it. Guess I'm going to have to do some spring scrounging and gunsmithing. Aside from the rear sight, both MAKs performed superbly and I don't regret the purchase of my new Russian buddy a bit.

Now all I need is an E. German and Chinese model.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
You will not regret buying a mak they are great little guns, I haven't heard of the rear sight problem, but once you get it sighted the way you want it try a little locktite.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
How far was it off at 20 with say, the 15 yard setting? I.e. was it "close enough" for combat work?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnum88C said:
How far was it off at 20 with say, the 15 yard setting? I.e. was it "close enough" for combat work?
It was shooting about 5in low at 15yds and about the same at 20. Definitely good enough for combat work. I just like for them to hit closer. Held up a bit of front sight and it was on. Guess I shouldn't complain.

You've gotta get a MAK. You'll love it.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The Chinese and the East German Maks are very similar, mainly because it was the East Germans that set the Chinese up with the tooling to make the Makarov. One of my spare Mak barrels, the milspec, chrome lined Mak barrel I have in .380, is a Chinese barrel.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Here's my commercial Mak, it's got over 10,000 rounds without a single (not even one jam or misfeed) problem.

Sorry thats a bit larger than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Copy. Now GK's got a king size case of envy.

RIKA :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts