Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with autopistol "think" bolt action is fast enough repeat shots for defense. Hell, I can clear most malfunctions (AND HIT AGAIN) FASTER than you bozos can work a bolt action and hit again, with the pistol at pistol ranges and the rifle at rifle ranges.

Rifles are for WAR. You aint backing down a desperate man, post shtf who has an autorifle rifle the way you can do when it's normal times and all they have is a knife, against your pistol. or bare hands and there's 2-3 of them.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You have no credibility being a liar and a coward. Accept the plane ticket.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
andy said:
SAME morons that insist on 1000% reliability with autopistol "think" bolt action is fast enough repeat shots for defense.
I "insist" on as much reliability as possible (this is "life safety" we're talking about); but accept that no machine is 100% reliable, much less "1000%". It's also balanced against everything else about that particular gun. A double-action revolver with a heavy hammer spring and good ammo is more reliable even than my glock (and my 1911), but by such a small margin that I'm not willing to trade off the other aspects of the glock (capacity, compactness, weight, etc).

And moron or not, I've never stated, nor do I "think", that a bolt-action rifle is fast enough for defensive work. I believe I've mentioned I carry a CAR-15 for defense...

andy said:
Hell, I can clear most malfunctions (AND HIT AGAIN) FASTER than you bozos can work a bolt action and hit again, with the pistol at pistol ranges and the rifle at rifle ranges.
The most common non-ammo-related malfunction I've had with my 1911's are broken extractors; happened to me three times, once in the middle of an ipsc match. There's no quick clearing of that. Again, I'm not bashing the 1911; three broken extractors, one lost firing pin retainer, and probably two or three other malfunctions in literally tens of thousands of rounds, they're VERY reliable guns. But you can't just assume that "any" malfunction is quickly & easily cleared instantly, whether with a 1911, a glock, or any gun.

andy said:
Rifles are for WAR. You aint backing down a desperate man, post shtf who has an autorifle rifle the way you can do when it's normal times and all they have is a knife, against your pistol. or bare hands and there's 2-3 of them.
I don't understand what "post-shtf brigand with autorifle vs. pre-shtf knife-wielding muggers" has to do with pistol reliability.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has to do with THINKING, or the lack there of. I can handle the knife guy with nothing but a handful of change, or my glasses, keyring, hat, dentures, etc. Knife just AIN'T THATmuch of a threat, if you are agile, SEE him a step or more away, and your footwork aint restricted, but all the pussies are TERRIFIED of a punk with a 3" folder. :) They can be 30 ft away, with a shotgun, and they're STILL scared. Hell, you can grab that 12 ga by the muzzle and break him in HALF, while staying COMPLETELY out of his reach.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've broken 1-2 extractors, in 100,000+ rds of .45 thru a 1911. Both broke because I was slamming the slide shut on a chambered rd of wax ammo.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
I've broken 1-2 extractors, in 100,000+ rds of .45 thru a 1911. Both broke because I was slamming the slide shut on a chambered rd of wax ammo.
More BS from the TARD ... When are yoiu going to meet me NUTTY JOHN?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
Hell, I can clear most malfunctions (AND HIT AGAIN) FASTER than you bozos can work a bolt action and hit again, with the pistol at pistol ranges and the rifle at rifle ranges.
No you can't.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This really shows John is full of shit. You knock the mak, but I've fired 10,000 rounds without ever having a jam. I sure wouldn't be afraid to take your fat old ass on with it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
andy said:
it has to do with THINKING, or the lack there of. I can handle the knife guy with nothing but a handful of change, or my glasses, keyring, hat, dentures, etc. Knife just AIN'T THATmuch of a threat, if you are agile, SEE him a step or more away, and your footwork aint restricted, but all the pussies are TERRIFIED of a punk with a 3" folder. :) They can be 30 ft away, with a shotgun, and they're STILL scared. Hell, you can grab that 12 ga by the muzzle and break him in HALF, while staying COMPLETELY out of his reach.
What a gas. The old man with the bad back and hearing aid, who can't go more than a half a day hike, is 'agile'. Stupe dosn't know if you grab a shotgun muzzle all the shooter has to do is raise the stock while stepping back and gunkid will eat a load of buckshot. A FOS fake that gunkid.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Originally Posted by andy
SAME morons that insist on 1000% reliability . . .

Anybody stupid enough to make that statement has never been in harm's way!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
...They can be 30 ft away, with a shotgun, and they're STILL scared. Hell, you can grab that 12 ga by the muzzle and break him in HALF, while staying COMPLETELY out of his reach.

Not to argue (because I agree that it's possible to do), but if he's got a knife and I've got a shotgun, I'm not grabbing my shotgun by the muzzle; the muzzle's going to be directed his way, just as God intended. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
with autopistol "think" bolt action is fast enough repeat shots for defense. Hell, I can clear most malfunctions (AND HIT AGAIN) FASTER than you bozos can work a bolt action and hit again, with the pistol at pistol ranges and the rifle at rifle ranges.

In other words, what you're saying is that you're inept with anything but an autoloader.

BTW, just because someone, for instance, your average spineless dork who's never been in a real fight, picks up a rifle he managed to get his hands on, it doesn't mean that he'll suddenly get brave and skilled.

One thing I've noticed also over the years is that just because someone is nasty and full dislike for other people, ie 'mean', doesn't make him brave. It can make him a bully, if he thinks he has the upper hand, but by and large bullies are generally cowards the moment they face any real oppposition that might do them harm. Most career criminals and gang bangers fall into this category - long on ruthless and brave talk, short on real balls.

It's the man, not the metal, that you should worry about.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For instance, who should you be more concerned about, a Woody Allen type with a CAR-15 and a 'can' or a Clint Eastwood type with a .22 revolver?

·
Registered
779 Posts
mrostov said:
BTW, just because someone, for instance, your average spineless dork who's never been in a real fight, picks up a rifle he managed to get his hands on, it doesn't mean that he'll suddenly get brave and skilled.

One thing I've noticed also over the years is that just because someone is nasty and full dislike for other people, ie 'mean', doesn't make him brave. It can make him a bully, if he thinks he has the upper hand, but by and large bullies are generally cowards the moment they face any real oppposition that might do them harm. Most career criminals and gang bangers fall into this category - long on ruthless and brave talk, short on real balls.

It's the man, not the metal, that you should worry about.
Yep!!!!

Also, someone within 30' of you with a knife, and knows how to use it, will carve you up like last months turkey if you don't shoot first, before he even has a chance to charge you. He'll be on you in about 1 second. You will either have what it takes to kill him, or you will die.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Kent is right. Several years ago a couple of fellow firearms instructors and I played out this scenario at 21 feet. Rubber, blue chalked "knife" and "red gun" Ruger P89. Taking turns with the weapon in the holster but hand on the grip, we all "shot" our opponent, but everyone of us got "cut". If a man or women is fired up enough to attack you with a knife when they know you have a gun, the pocket change in the face is NOT going to distract them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts