Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where'd you get the B-24 picture? can you provide a link to where I might find a high rez version?

Thanks in advance.

:devil:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I shot it a few years back when it and a B-17 were visiting Nashville. It exists as a B&W 8x10, which I scanned into my 'puter, then p-shopped onto a background pic I shot in studio. I have it as a 300 dpi tiff, send me a PC type disk (CD) and a return package with the postage on it and I will burn one for you.
The original is just taking off and has some airport hangers low and in the background, or I can burn one like the example I used. If you use it for a pub, I would need a credit.
SatCong

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I collect aircraft photos (no plans to publish anything) - thought the picture with the background was awesome - good job with the image manipulation.

If you give me a private message with the address to send the disk to, I'd love to get a copy of both the original (raw) image, and the one you added the background to.

If you like aircraft, I can send you a disk with a bunch of aircraft pictures, some I took, others from the web.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
message received - thanks!

(this is one of my photos - raw, not p-shopped)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The P-51 is my all time favorite piston engine airplane

I've got several pictures of p-51's

I like the PBY - can't tell it's a model from the picture.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You guys are extremely talented. I love the old planes too. Oldest one I rode in was a DC3 when I was 4yrs old.

:beer:

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
Rika, the DC-3 was my first plane ride too, 1958 or so.
Aslan, the model is of an amphib plane (with the retractable wheels), and is a "Black Cat" a night patrol/bomber used against the Imperial Japanese forces in WW II. They only got to about 100-110 MPH but ranged something like 2K miles. I was in Ontario, Canada a few years ago, we flew into a small strip in a corporate jet. As the assistants were unloading the photo gear, I had time to inspect three of these old warbirds that sat on the field. They had been converted to fire fighters. What a slice of history!
SatCong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts