Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another board, someone claimed:

"I put 20rds thru Match M1A in 5 seconds nd the glass bedding "fit" of stock to barrel was GONE, My rifle SMOKED for another several minutes."

The correct response, put by someone who clearly knew this post smelled of fertilizer, was:

"M1A/M14's barrels float, they have to float, you have the gas cylinder, op rod and op rod guide under the barrel in the stock fore end channel "

It was a truly amazing thread, someone making up total BS on a gun board where knowledgeable people post.

too funny.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I cannot imagine what kind of inept clown would post something like that.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you'd be surprised at just how many people try to pass themselves off as experts, but in reality know very little.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yes, but be careful, should you show such a person to be ignorant, then you will be childish and immature. Much better to let them post foolish thoughts and ramblings.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Yes, but be careful, should you show such a person to be ignorant, then you will be childish and immature. Much better to let them post foolish thoughts and ramblings.
Thats scary. Sounds like something an education major would say.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm sure the poster mistook oil that was smoking for the gun. I've shot many a AR, Mini, and M1A rapid fire and sometimes the gun smokes. It is not the glass bedding at all. If any battle rifle can't take 20 rounds rapid fire without a hitch, no military would have touched it (except the French.)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't so much the smoking claim, it was the ruined bedding around the barrel - which HAS to be free floated. Something an expert, which this guy claimed to be, should know.

Especially, since he was trying to make a point about the rifle being worthless as a MBR - which is pretty dumb in the first place.

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
It is obvious that the writer has minimal experience with the M1A.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It IS funny as hell that anyone would think that 20 rounds out of ANY gun would completely evaporate (never mentioned any residue or dripping -- of course because there never was any bedding. . .) the bedding!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
TRY it, with a glass bedded Match grade M1A, punk. :) You'll SEE that I'm correct, and you just lost $200 of value.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The empty punk head once again opens its mouth and spews forth utter BS.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hmm, the glass bedding on the free-floating barrel evaporates. . .uh huh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts