Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
9,121 Posts
it's needed for extreme long range

work, and/or heavy recoil. If you don't do it, the scope wont "track" striaight up and down as you adjust for elevation, and will "drift" bullet POI off to one side. It will also cause nonaligned torque forces to be applied unequally to the scope, and that will sooner or later ruin the scope, with heavy recoiling rounds. Go to Patriot Network and read Teuf's post about it.

· Banned
9,121 Posts
I wouldn't know. Those rockets are big

targets,at known ranges, don't move,one hit to the fuel tank, at launch, blows them all to hell. so I don't see much need for practicing with the .50. Since anyone dumb enough to be holding still, in the open, in daylight, aint much of a threat, I see no reason to risk a shot at them at long range, and reveal my presence. They are probably scouts for a company more men, that you don't know about, and can't outrun or evade. So why shoot at them, hmm?

· Banned
9,121 Posts
I"ve BEEN closer, in a van, and it wasn't

searched. Nothing keeps you from being in a sewer, for 2-3 days in advance, and just emerging for the shot, leaving the .50 in the sewer, and walking away, either. So you also need 4 ft long, 6" diameter suppressor, so what, and a bipod for the can, in addition to the bipod for the rifle, so what?

Poke ANY hole in the liquid fuel tank, and it will pee fuel down onto the launch flame. What do you THINK will happen then, hmm?

do you have a CLUE how many men it takes to man a perimeter that is 6000 m around, hmm? Much less to ALSO cover the entire area inside of that circle? Hell no you don't. How would you go about searchinig all the sewers in an area even close to that size, and how long would THAT take, hmm? Could you FIND a buried motorcyle, in the sand out there, in say, the 8 minutes it would take a man to run a mile, and once he's hitting 60 mph out there, could you keep him from just dumping the bike in a few minutes, and just blending with the crowd? what if he wore makeup, looking black, with a curly hair wig and beard, and removed same while in a rest room, eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.