Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he's either too lazy to post it, or he has no such experience himself. which is it ? :) I put this in humor cause he's such a laugh. Terry tries, now and then, to start a gun topic, but basically, he's just as berefit of any info as garand is. all either one of them can do is follow me around and jeer from the sidelines.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
he's either too lazy to post it, or he has no such experience himself. which is it ? :) I put this in humor cause he's such a laugh. Terry tries, now and then, to start a gun topic, but basically, he's just as berefit of any info as garand is. all either one of them can do is follow me around and jeer from the sidelines.
Let's see some proof of yours. Not Internet crap. Real shooting proof. You can't can you? Maybe forty years ago. You have NO shooting experience other tah airsoft. Even that I doubt. Show a picture of your airsoft or BB gun.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
garand can't even TYPE about it. I'd be REAL happy to take you to the range and outshoot you with just my weak hand, punk. A couple of members here know full well that I can. you wouldn't DARE meet me, you just use my felony problem to make yourself look like the "big man". you're just a lying punk and everyone here knows it. You can't even read.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
garand can't even TYPE about it. I'd be REAL happy to take you to the range and outshoot you with just my weak hand, punk. A couple of members here know full well that I can. you wouldn't DARE meet me, you just use my felony problem to make yourself look like the "big man". you're just a lying punk and everyone here knows it. You can't even read.
Again, Where's the proof? I have a Firearm Instructors Certification from FLETC Glynco
What do you have besides made up stories of shooting. And that's OFFICER lying punk to you.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he can't even post any insights about guns, shooting or survival. I do so many times EVERY DAY and have done so for months. Pos's like you are just like Hilary. Facts mean nothing to you.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts

Melvin, is this enough? I can always find others if you need me to

Reactions: Dorobuta and BigEd

·
Super Moderator
2,534 Posts
he can't even post any insights about guns, shooting or survival. I do so many times EVERY DAY and have done so for months. Pos's like you are just like Hilary. Facts mean nothing to you.

This is called projection.

You make lots of posts, i.e.: write lots of words. Yet you never post anything resembling proof - of anything you claim. Many of your insights have been questioned, with insight and practical experience. You are unable to defend your position with anything other than insults. Post some pictures, show that you actually are doing these things. It would help your credibility tremendously.

You would absolutely crush your critics by posting proof. That you refuse to do so, is very telling - it makes you out to be a liar. You can put an end to it very simply.

I'm trying to help you out here, giving you an easy way to rub everyone's face in it. The question is, can you?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Boati, under a couple dozen other names as well, has not offered ONE iota of proof of anything. I don't mean firearms which he can't touch, but shelters, boots, home made sleeping bags, gear of any kind, nada, Why not a picture of his Airsoft gun? He's safe with that. The excuses he has used are laughable. No camera? Every cell phone I know of has a camera. "Can't figure out how to post pictures". Really? Grab a 10 year old kid and ask? Old Boati could have shut down his detractors with pictures but he never has.

Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta

·
Super Moderator
2,316 Posts
I'll be forthcoming about something. I'm still learning about these smart phones.
But they are about the easiest and handiest things. But upgrades and different OS's can have a learning curve.

However trying out posting pics from one ain't rocket surgery.
And it won't permanently eff up everything if you do something wrong.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Melvin, the first picture that I posted was in my Condo basement, I moved from there 11 years ago. Its been my experience due to the high cost of plaques these days, most clubs just give out paper certificates.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Melvin, please post pictures of "wifey's" trophies, we are almost positive you don't have any.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
he's either too lazy to post it, or he has no such experience
Wow...

Think about that and "shoe the other foot", as the saying goes. Dorobuta is spot-on - "projection" is the appropriate word here.

What you're accusing Garand of, is EXACTLY what you've publicly done, on multiple forums, for years now. You've posted zero proof of your ability, after many, many requests. I know you were at the Columbia conference, signed your name, and did the taxing work of sitting on the committee that decided what kind of targets should be used. But not only was that nearly a half-century ago, it also doesn't demonstrate or document ANY personal ability, does it? I know you did compete in at least one international competition, at which you came in last out of every American who was there. So that hardly is demonstration of massive ability, plus it was also more than 40 years ago, wasn't it..?

But I only know those things because I took the time to look you up after you threatened my family - you've fled from every invitation and request to post evidence of your 'ability'. You've never posted any. So as you claim about others, is it that you're "too lazy to post it", or do you simply have none? Come on, John, get past the one-off sermons about how great the quickly-disentegrating dry leaf long johns are, and participate in some actual gun topics.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Melvin, what was the last year that you actually shot a sanctioned IPSC match? This is not a hard question.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I currently approach matches differently now than I did back in the late '80's & early '90's, back then I had this burning desire to win, win, win. Now I see it as an exercise in logistics, marksmanship and fun. Back when I was a young soldier I tried out for my Battalions Rifle Team, and the Warrant Officer running the team gave us a pep talk. He said "when you shoot competitively, if you put everything into it, it is the closest you will ever get in preparing yourself for combat other than combat itself". The Warrant was a Korean war veteran.

We travel to matches, sometimes over 27 hours driving time. There is the map work to get there, planning refueling and food stops, planning overnight accommodations, ensuring the paperwork is correct if we are crossing the border, packing all the auxiliary items we require. IE we even travel with a 12 cup coffee pot because most places we stay provide those one cup pieces of junk. I build all our pistol and rifle ammo so if there is a screwup, I have to take the blame. I'm the on that ensures the firearms are cleaned lubricated and zeroed. I actively engage in 2 different disciplines these days, 3 gun matches and Cowboy action. Both disciplines require that I be able to react quickly and accurately.

My days of shooting Service Conditions matches where you have to run from 500 to 100 yards are long behind me. I turn 67 in a few months, and my body is not as physically as capable as it was 25 years ago, a fact of life. Therefore I picked 2 disciplines that fit in with things like arthritis in my left knee. While my timings aren't what they were 40 years, my marksmanship ability has deteriorated minimally because I'm still out there pulling the trigger and my brain is still functioning under stress as every match has at least 6 different stages, than the last.

So Melvin, tell me about your recent experience, talk is cheap, accomplishments aren't.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
My days of shooting Service Conditions matches where you have to run from 500 to 100 yards are long behind me. I turn 67 in a few months, and my body is not as physically as capable as it was 25 years ago, a fact of life.
Isn't that the truth..? I'm some younger, but over 60; and I can definitely feel the fact that the knees aren't what they used to be. And gravity pulls more than it used to as well. I actually weigh less than I did in my late 50's, but climbing speed has been affected and jumping has been VERY affected. Increased gravity is obviously the only answer... 👴

·
Super Moderator
2,316 Posts
As Patrick McManus observed in at least one of his books, "As I get older the ground must be getting harder as the Earth gets older." 😛
I guess I'm relatively young for some here but the term "It's not the age but the mileage." Might apply add on "Several miles of bad road"- in pursuit of work, fun and I'll admit some err payback at times. Plus trying to perform like a hot rod while running on 3rd World gasoline, meaning delivered pizza or Tex/mex when working a double shift or out of the vending machine of whatever company my security company had a contract with. That and mainlining coffee by the gallon nearly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts