Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Self-made TACK for your survival horse?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mrostov 
Not to mention that shtf, and something breaks and needs to be replaced, you should know how to do it yourself.

Some people are just not capable of thinking before they open their mouth.

:devil:

Re: yeah, & they r a WASTE of 1000's of $

223 fan said:
each year, too, stupid. :) They don't do a damned thing except you sit on your LAZY ass, instead of using the FAR better mountain bicycle.
The mt bike is better how?

Can you travel farther on a mt bike in a day than you can on a horse?

can you carry a heavier load with the mt bike than you can with a horse?

If need be can you eat the MT bike?

can you tie a rope on to a Mt bike and use it to pull heavy items?

Yep, the MT bike is much better, if you're afraid of horses...

a marathon is just a little over 26 miles. at ten miles an hour, that's less than a three hour trip. A horse will easily do 10 mph for heck of a lot longer than a marathon runner can.

But, as usual, Andy/GunKid/223 Fan is famous for shooting his mouth off on subjects he really doesn't have a grasp of.

This is an old thread, but it is funny to see it come back to the top.

Someone that doesn't know anything about horses, or who is afraid of them would dismiss them like that.

As far as the raft - maybe, maybe not. I doubt I will encounter such a situation in my AO, or for any great distance in any direction from here.

Horses make excellent watch animals if you've raised them right.

and yes, they can be very quiet.

Plus, most game doesn't seem to be as spooked by a person on horseback as they are of a person on foot.

I'd like to know the terrain that a mtn bike can cover that a horse can't. It's easy to generalize, and I'd like an example of such terrain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.