Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Self-made TACK for your survival horse?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mrostov 
#1 ·
#2 ·
if can'teven afford the TACK, how afford

the stabling, exercise, and training of the horse, trailer and truck for hauling it around, feed for the horse, , and the inevitable Veternarian expenses, REPLACEMENT of the horse every 10 years or so, etc, hmm?

#3 ·
Re: if can'teven afford the TACK, how afford

223 fan said:
the stabling, exercise, and training of the horse, trailer and truck for hauling it around, feed for the horse, , and the inevitable Veternarian expenses, REPLACEMENT of the horse every 10 years or so, etc, hmm?
TARD, you're a real dumb sh!t. You're an assumptive a$$hole.

I own four horses now you uneducated idiot!

Some people, obviously not your untalented a$$, enjoy making their gear for themselves.

Bill

#4 ·
Not to mention that shtf, and something breaks and needs to be replaced, you should know how to do it yourself.

Some people are just not capable of thinking before they open their mouth.

:devil:

#5 ·
Aslan said:
Not to mention that shtf, and something breaks and needs to be replaced, you should know how to do it yourself.

Some people are just not capable of thinking before they open their mouth.

In the TARD'S case, he automatically shifts his mind out of gear, when he opens his mouth.

What a MORON.

Bill

#7 ·
Re: yeah, & they r a WASTE of 1000's of $

223 fan said:
each year, too, stupid. :) They don't do a damned thing except you sit on your LAZY ass, instead of using the FAR better mountain bicycle.
The delivery-boy idiot, opens his mouth, shifts his brain out of gear, and strikes again.

John MORON Davis who thinks he is everybody's guru on the mountain. Only in his own mentally diseased, mind.

Bill

#8 ·
Re: yeah, & they r a WASTE of 1000's of $

223 fan said:
each year, too, stupid. :) They don't do a damned thing except you sit on your LAZY ass, instead of using the FAR better mountain bicycle.
The mt bike is better how?

Can you travel farther on a mt bike in a day than you can on a horse?

can you carry a heavier load with the mt bike than you can with a horse?

If need be can you eat the MT bike?

can you tie a rope on to a Mt bike and use it to pull heavy items?

Yep, the MT bike is much better, if you're afraid of horses...

#9 ·
Re: Re: yeah, & they r a WASTE of 1000's of $

Aslan said:
The mt bike is better how?

Can you travel farther on a mt bike in a day than you can on a horse?

can you carry a heavier load with the mt bike than you can with a horse?

If need be can you eat the MT bike?

can you tie a rope on to a Mt bike and use it to pull heavy items?

Yep, the MT bike is much better, if you're afraid of horses...

All good points Aslan. Obvious points to everybody but the TARD.

But, then I did forget that the TARD is afraid of any animal, over the size of a de-barked Chihuahua.

Bill

#11 ·
hell yes I can go further on a bike than

on a horse, in a lot of terrain. Can you tie a rope on a horse, and LIFT it over or down a cliff, dummy? can you get it to lay quietly under a bush, FOREVER? can you build a raft that will float it and your gear in a few minutes? Sometimes, its necessary to go A LOT FARTHER on water than any horse is going to swim.

If you dont exercise a horse a LOT, it can't even stay out in front of a marathon runner. I've read that only 7 species of animals on the EARTH can do that, and a horse aint one of them, either. That's WITHOUT a 200 lb rider and his 50-70 lbs of gear, stupe.
I know a LOT more about horses than this bozo will EVER learn, Teuf.

#12 ·
Re: hell yes I can go further on a bike than

223 fan said:

<snip>

I know a LOT more about horses than this bozo will EVER learn, Teuf.
TARD -- BULLSH!T ...

Bill

#13 ·
you can train a horse to lay qitely under a bush if you know how and are smarter than the horse.why would you need to raft for unless you plan to live on an island. and a horse will exersise it's self in a pasture. and evean with a rider and gear a horse can ot runn most people. thay also can be used for a good alarm if you train them and you cant eat a mt bike.

#14 ·
a marathon is just a little over 26 miles. at ten miles an hour, that's less than a three hour trip. A horse will easily do 10 mph for heck of a lot longer than a marathon runner can.

But, as usual, Andy/GunKid/223 Fan is famous for shooting his mouth off on subjects he really doesn't have a grasp of.

This is an old thread, but it is funny to see it come back to the top.

Someone that doesn't know anything about horses, or who is afraid of them would dismiss them like that.

As far as the raft - maybe, maybe not. I doubt I will encounter such a situation in my AO, or for any great distance in any direction from here.

Horses make excellent watch animals if you've raised them right.

and yes, they can be very quiet.

Plus, most game doesn't seem to be as spooked by a person on horseback as they are of a person on foot.

I'd like to know the terrain that a mtn bike can cover that a horse can't. It's easy to generalize, and I'd like an example of such terrain.

#15 ·
Can you tie a rope on a horse, and LIFT it over or down a cliff, dummy?
Probibly pointless @ this point, but.... Yes, you can. The Mormans did many times over and over. And then they lowered the wagons.:)

Isn't JD dead yet? :headbang:
anodes.

#16 ·
I saw the rig of a guy who had made harnesses for pulling a wagon out of old, de-commissioned fire hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.