Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good grief, no wonder he doesn't have any gear or go on any trips he probualy can't afford the gas to get there. This is about the most pathetic thing I've heard yet.

You would think the self-proclaimed, smartest, most talented man to ever come down the pike would at least be able to support himself. Guess that's too much to expect. So how much IQ does it take to earn your way in the world JD? Appparently your claimed 160 isn't getting it done, is it?

Words alone can't convey the disgust I feel right now.

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
I obviously don't understand your system, how can somebody be on welfare down there when his wife has such a good job?? Maybe gunkid could ask for his allowance to be increased??

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Garand said:
I obviously don't understand your system, how can somebody be on welfare down there when his wife has such a good job?? Maybe gunkid could ask for his allowance to be increased??
No one understands it, Garand. But legally you can collect disability even if your spouse earns a good living.

Reactions: Hasher

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
And, while NUTTY JOHN is collecting SSI, he can work and earn $10,000.00 a year without losing any of his sick, lame and lazy, blind, crippled and crazy benefits.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
IIRC over at PN GunKid's ex-wife described him as Fat, bald, frustrated and impotent. I supose she should know.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Welfare is an important program, but a bad back shouldnt be grounds for it, unless your spine is seriously crooked or something... Hell, im building bows right now for some extra cash, not hard at all. There are a zillion things people can do for money...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have no problem with those who are unable to do a days work getting help. Its those who abuse the system that create the problems.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
Well Teuf I think you got the "queen" part right.
Should we be calling NUTTY JOHN, QUEENIE, once in a while? It may help him to stay in touch with his softer, femenine side!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Coyote said:
Welfare is an important program, but a bad back shouldnt be grounds for it, unless your spine is seriously crooked or something... Hell, im building bows right now for some extra cash, not hard at all. There are a zillion things people can do for money...
As in a bow that shoots arrows? Cool. I work with wood allot myself and watched a guy make a bow some years ago in a local shop (military base), but when he was done what he had was more for looks than use, although it was able to be strung and did shoot a few arrows. It was made of layers of ash wood, the center of which was a thin, 1/8 inch, piece of purple heart.

This is something I've always wanted to attempt but never had the time to actually start. Do you have any pictures of your creations??

Hunter

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Im afraid I dont have any digitals, and I dont have a scanner :shrugs:
Wish I could be more helpful.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my third bow now; after this I am going to try selling a few. All of them are backed with animal material; two with rawhide, and this latest one with sinew. None are particularly decorated yet, I want to let them take a full reflex first.

One thing that you desert dwellers out there might try is decorating a bow with a pair of rattlesnakes. I read quite a long thread that dealt with rattlers awhile back, seems some of you are swimming in them. After cutting off the head and skinning the snake (leave the rattler on) your supposed to slip the skin up the bow like a sock (cover the bow limbs with hide glue first), stopping at the handle; do likewise on the other end. I have not tried this with any of my bows, dont have any rattlesnake skin, but have seen some and read about it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Bows are cool and I envy people with the talent to make them from scratch. My experience is with the compound bow though I yearn for a longbow.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
yes, coyote! [1] can skin them like that, and cure thier 'skins'

i recall a cousin 'moe-dockin'' a 4' on a yamaha 175 and skinned it that way,
then threaded it through his belt for the county fair on a saturday nite[no less] ....the ripples of the wave,...i guess?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts