Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever sold gun-related items online? I'm considering doing some of that; mostly magazines, a few holsters, etc. The first things that come to mind are gunbroker and ebay (even with the limitations ebay has on some things like magazine capacity & such).

I've sold some and given some away locally, but considering selling a bunch of stuff and online seems the best way to do it since we're so far from any large groups of potential customers.

Thanks for any ideas

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I can honestly say that I have probably bought or sold 85% of the firearms that I have purchased in the last 25 years, online. Probably are talking about at least 25+ firearms. I think out of all of them I've been burnt maybe twice. I generally buy though a Canadian firearms website called "CanadiangunNutz" that has a build in trader rating where members can list both positive and negative deal.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Anyone ever sold gun-related items online? I'm considering doing some of that; mostly magazines, a few holsters, etc. The first things that come to mind are gunbroker and ebay (even with the limitations ebay has on some things like magazine capacity & such).

I've sold some and given some away locally, but considering selling a bunch of stuff and online seems the best way to do it since we're so far from any large groups of potential customers.

Thanks for any ideas
John, you might want to post here also.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terry - thanks, I thought about posting specifically on gun boards, but wasn't sure how to handle actual payment. I can't see asking people for their CC info for card processing, and I'm not going to give out my bank account info for an ACH or similar deposit. Seems like paypal would be a good middleman if it's not too cumbersome. (I've bought items off ebay for over 15 years but never sold anything there.) Plus as I understand it, firearm magazines over 10 rounds are taboo on ebay; and that's the bulk of what I'd be selling. Bulk of the gun-related stuff, at least; will probably be selling off a bunch of other things as well.

Haven't really thought it through or checked into it much yet; just started considering it yesterday is why I'm asking for ideas.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BBM - Off the top of my head magazine estimates that I'd get rid of - probably 150 or so various AR magazines, ~50 AK mags, smaller quantities of mags for M1 carbines, 10-22's, Ciener-style conversion mags (mostly from Black Dog), smith 5906 & camp-9, probably 50 each M&P 9mm mags and 1911 mags, probably 60-70 glock mags (mostly G19), 20-30 mags for double-stack 1911/2011 in 9mm/22TCM. May be others, and am probably off on some of those estimates. I have a spreadsheet with details, but this is just off the cuff.

Plus knives from marbles, SOG, CRKT, numerous watches, holsters, etc; lots of misc stuff that's piled up over the years.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Payments for items sold or purchased. Maybe I'm a little old fashion but any payment accepted by me or given by me will be either by a bank draft or a postal money order, reason being that both the buyers and sellers names are type written on the documents making it easier for police if fraud is tried.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
BBM - Off the top of my head magazine estimates that I'd get rid of - probably 150 or so various AR magazines, ~50 AK mags, smaller quantities of mags for M1 carbines, 10-22's, Ciener-style conversion mags (mostly from Black Dog), smith 5906 & camp-9, probably 50 each M&P 9mm mags and 1911 mags, probably 60-70 glock mags (mostly G19), 20-30 mags for double-stack 1911/2011 in 9mm/22TCM. May be others, and am probably off on some of those estimates. I have a spreadsheet with details, but this is just off the cuff.

Plus knives from marbles, SOG, CRKT, numerous watches, holsters, etc; lots of misc stuff that's piled up over the years.
Interested in, Black Dogs, Glocks, 1911, AR

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interested in, Black Dogs, Glocks, 1911, AR
Let me check & see specifically what I have (and can locate). I've got two people coming into town next week from our broker to go over literally hundreds of customer contracts, so am going to be busy next week with that, and busy the rest of this week getting ready for them, so it may be a little time before I can sort thru this stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Let me check & see specifically what I have (and can locate). I've got two people coming into town next week from our broker to go over literally hundreds of customer contracts, so am going to be busy next week with that, and busy the rest of this week getting ready for them, so it may be a little time before I can sort thru this stuff. Thanks.
The Canadian Border is still closed , so I'm not going anywhere.

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
The Canadian Border is still closed , so I'm not going anywhere.
The American Border is still closed, so I'm not going anywhere!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The American Border is still closed, so I'm not going anywhere!
Yes, and isn't this a PIA for both of us. Actually, we CAN make our reservation date if we don't mind three day's of Government quarantine followed by 11 day's of "Hotel" quarantine. On my dime, of course. Use up three weeks of accrued Vacation time for six day's of Fishing? Who is going to go for that? My sympathies go to the lodge owner's who are going to lose a second year of revenue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts