Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? I have several more handguns that I’m looking to sell, and our LGS is over-stocked with handguns and not a good option for more consignments, probably for a good while. I’ve debated renting a table at a gunshow, but those aren’t real often in my area.

There’s always the simple newspaper ad approach if nothing else. I’ve sold a couple watches on craigslist years ago, but never guns and nothing recently.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Never thought of it, mind you in Canada we have a website for firearms owners and over the past 20 years or so I have probably bought 25+ firearms on line from it, but each seller has a "trader rating" on how well previous sales went.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
I don't actually know if they allow firearms to be sold on it.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I looked it up a little while ago and they now specifically prohibit firearms. So bummer.

The local gunshop is very overstocked with 9mm's, and things are moving slow; my 1911 .22 conversion kit (along with a brick of ammo) has been sitting on consignment there since May, and my 681 has been on consignment there since October. So not real eager to put more stuff on their shelves just to have it sit there for months.

May just do the newspaper ad thing...

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two glock 26's, with probably 15-20 magazines between them (one of the G26's has the Tau SCD installed, other than that, they're factory stock)
Several holsters for them, including kydex OWB and AIWB, a pull-thru double shoulder rig, and a Milt Sparks EX iwb.

M&P 9mm full size with 1911-style safety & Apex Duty/Carry trigger, with two Crown holsters (one for gun as-is, one for gun with TLR light attached)
M&P 9mm PRO Performance Center C.O.R.E. with optic cut, ported barrel and high target sights, with a competition holster (I think Blade-Tech) and a 5.11 'thumb-drive' retention holster
Probably 40 or more 17 round magazines between the two M&P's.

Buttload of AR Pmags, mostly still in the wrapper (probably 50, maybe more)
AK magazines, mostly 30-rd steel, some tapco & pmag, probably 20-30 in all

2011/Para-Ordnance magazines for 9mm/38Super - 9 (left over from selling the gun)
Sig Mosquito 22lr mags - 2
Ruger 22/45 mags - 4

Numerous other gun crap - one CMC flat AR trigger, couple Leupold low-power variable scopes, all kinds of odds & ends

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BBM - pm sent

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll try to check them tonight - they're at the house.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
BigBassMan -

I was off on my Pmag count; there are 63 total. I just sent you a PM with details and picture of the scopes.

Edit - The model number on one of the scopes is the 58790 with regular heavy duplex. The second one is the 114933 with their "Hog Plex" reticle with drop-compensating markings based on the .30-06caliber. Apparently they don't make this one anymore, I found it at Midway's website: Leupold VX Hog Rifle Scope 1-4x 20mm Pig Plex Reticle Matte

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PM sent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts