Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she'll be able to demonstrate (well) 2 katas, 10 types of 1-step sparring techniques, to include front snap kick, sidekick, roundhouse kick with side/top of foot, roundhouse with ball of foot, backfist, forefist, knife hand, inner knife hand, palm heel, rising elbow strike.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
she'll be able to demonstrate (well) 2 katas, 10 types of 1-step sparring techniques, to include front snap kick, sidekick, roundhouse kick with side/top of foot, roundhouse with ball of foot, backfist, forefist, knife hand, inner knife hand, palm heel, rising elbow strike.
More BS on 'wifey." Get a job.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moo Duk Kwan (now called Tang Soo Do) is what I learned. She's learning from me, obviously

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
youtube has high-level black belts testing, that I can still beat with one hand. I wouldn't award them a red belt. It's disgusting.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to bug Moon about when I'd be able to test for this or that belt rank. He got excasperated with me and said""here Davis", removed his black belt and handed it to me. I stood there like a dummy, realizing that it was not the belt that I wanted, but rather the ability that the belt was to recognize. Once he saw on my face that I'd "got it" he took back his belt and I never again asked when I'd test for any given belt. He'd test me when he thought I had the ability to pass said test, that's when.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
He sounds like a sensible guy.Many( not all) instructors( both traditional and MMA) fall prey to the " self esteem certificate awards ceremony" vs building skills and conditioning in their class.
Of course, the flip side extreme is the single focus tournament/ trophy chaser.
This is where MMA(when truly" mixed") can have the virtue of" pressure testing".. one might almost say it's a "traditional" as the old school instruction was before the soccer moms took over.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he told us that if he was focusing on us, feel free at any time to launch any technigue. Not only would he block it, but he'd stop his counterstrike at your skin.:) He could easily block snapkicks at his knee, using crescent kicks with his feet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts