Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used a spread fingered gouge like this instead of jabs, to keep guys back where I could kick them and they didn't have matching skills with their feet. I've hit people with it 3x. Only one actually hit the eye, and I never once had the slightest injury to my fingers. Fingertip pushups and "focus" on the depth of penetration of your strike will do that for you. All 4 were immediately rendered unable to do diddly to defend themselves. All were bend over, holding their faces, unable to pry their eyes open, snot and tears all over the place. Facing such attacks is very scary, even for those who've done so many times. I hit one on the forehead, one up the nostril. I never felt any impacts on my fingers at all. I could have sidekicked any of the 3 to the knee and then, with them on the floor, kicked their heads in. You dont need lots of power or strength, if you have the knowledge, skill and willlingness to be hurt in order to hurt your enemy WORSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7TwgQqVdw

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Head shots I have used Under Stress and in Interesting Times? And can replicate as needed? Mainly vertical (thumbs up vs horizontal/overhand) full power hits with a lot of leg/hip in it. Below the eyeline. Because overhand to the head full on will break your hand. Badly. Ask me how I know :) (ouch!)
Otherwise,palm heel/hammerfist , elbow/forearm etc.
I've used fingertip/spear hand shots to the neck (below the ear,or next to the windpipe)on occasion, but both the precision and follow through focus are important.
Still do the fingertip push ups and other grip/hand/forearm work,but if I am and always have gotten by on the" punche'rs chance"(boxing was my base).
You ever consider getting into Hapkido,and maybe following through clinch range and grappling side of it into traditional Jiujitsu/Kano Jiujitsu/Judo or other grappling work?
Most serious wrestlers/grapplers I ran across were conditioning monsters and tended to pick up striking more readily than the boxers/strikers picked up ground work and the standing/clinch range grappling and throwing

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
Eye rakes are pretty classic "Tiger" moves and can be very effective. But they mean you are in close, which for some folks is a plus, others a minus.

I tend to be of the mind set of "I'm going to occupy whatever space you are in, and I'm going take away any ranged strikes you have and make you fight me up close. I love using elbows - you can combine them with other strikes in both directions. fist or palm, follow through with the elbow. Elbow, hammer fist or reverse knuckle on the way back.

I'm also going to be stepping through your ankles.

I'm not as young as I used to be, so I'd just as soon shoot you as fight you these days. Something about don't mess with an old man, he'll kill you outright just to save time.

(why is this in the new user forum?)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah, some of that works vs the untrained. The guys I sparred with would break your leg or your face long before you got into elbow range. We just didn't allow it. I once had a guy toss a crowbar off a truck. It landed at my feet, centered, on the crook and the springiness of the steel sent the other end right at my crotch. I'd only been out of the army a few months, and still weighed just 170 lbs. I jumped back so far that the carpenter who'd tossed the crowbar yelled at me. STAY where you are!" So I did, and he climbed down off of the 18 wheeler bed and used his tape measure. I'd jumped back 8 ft and landed in the cat position, guard up, sideways to the flight path of the crow bar. It would have pierced anyone else's bladder and Steve was very apologetic about his carelessness. I was working for Morton buildings at the time, out of Litchfield, ILL, spring of 1973. A load of A frame trusses, 40 ft long or so, had shifte on the flatbed truck and my crew got called upon to re-stack the load.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
...I once had a guy toss a crowbar off a truck. It landed at my feet, centered, on the crook and the springiness of the steel sent the other end right at my crotch. I'd only been out of the army a few months, and still weighed just 170 lbs. I jumped back so far that the carpenter who'd tossed the crowbar yelled at me. STAY where you are!" So I did, and he climbed down off of the 18 wheeler bed and used his tape measure. I'd jumped back 8 ft and landed in the cat position, guard up, sideways to the flight path of the crow bar. It would have pierced anyone else's bladder and Steve was very apologetic about his carelessness. I was working for Morton buildings at the time, out of Litchfield, ILL, spring of 1973. A load of A frame trusses, 40 ft long or so, had shifte on the flatbed truck and my crew got called upon to re-stack the load.
Of course. Another undocumented, undocumentable, superhuman episode on your part. A feat that you narcissistically claim nobody else on the planet could have matched.

From nearly 50 years ago, to boot...

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
ROFLMAO!

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
yeah, some of that works vs the untrained. The guys I sparred with would break your leg or your face long before you got into elbow range. We just didn't allow it. I once had a guy toss a crowbar off a truck. It landed at my feet, centered, on the crook and the springiness of the steel sent the other end right at my crotch. I'd only been out of the army a few months, and still weighed just 170 lbs. I jumped back so far that the carpenter who'd tossed the crowbar yelled at me. STAY where you are!" So I did, and he climbed down off of the 18 wheeler bed and used his tape measure. I'd jumped back 8 ft and landed in the cat position, guard up, sideways to the flight path of the crow bar. It would have pierced anyone else's bladder and Steve was very apologetic about his carelessness. I was working for Morton buildings at the time, out of Litchfield, ILL, spring of 1973. A load of A frame trusses, 40 ft long or so, had shifte on the flatbed truck and my crew got called upon to re-stack the load.
Lol. If you say so.

Just remember that they aren’t the only ones with training. And what someone allows or doesn’t allow depends on a whole bunch of factors. We trained specifically to do those things, and countering those things. I’m not foolish enough to think I can do today what I could in the past, but I’ve broken and had enough broken bones in training to safely say I know what does and doesn’t work.

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
And in case you are wondering who I trained under, Grand Master Arthur Sykes, and Master Joe Salomone.

Both of whom can be found via Google. Not meant as a brag, but as some verifiable information on where I am coming from. I'm not going to post my certificates with my name to prove rank, but my associations know who I am.

Grandmaster Sykes has passed away, and the martial arts world has lost a treasure.

How about a link to who you trained under, and/or the association they belong to?
Or is this just unverifiable posturing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.