Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and SEE what happens. 100 lb deer will run for a mile after such a hit, JUST like he would with a .22lr hit, to the same place. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gunkid, just a while back you were bragging about how you could brain your deer with a 22. Now the critter will run a mile. If you have plenty of gold coins to pay, somebody will hunt for you because you sure can't do it yourself.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If you can't drop a 100lb deer with something that leaves a 9mm hole and has 265ft/lbs with a pre-fragmented hollowpoint, then you are, at best, an amateur woodsman.

I guarantee you that your average Indian stone age bow with flint tips (which they killed whitetail deer on a regular basis with) were not as accurate as a Makarov (the Mak is a rather accurate pistol - fixed barrel) nor did they have the Mak's killing power.

Do I advocate deer hunting with the Makarov? No, of course not, but in a crisis, I could if I had to.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Just another good reason to develop stalking skills, rather than sniping at the damn things from a treestand. Couple stalking skills with diligent practice of shooting the animal in the head, and you'll have the skill set necessary to take it with just about any handgun.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Handgun hunting is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, every year I have allot of fun crawling around with a pistol or revolver. Sometimes it irritates the wife when I'm sliding to a halt, jumping out putting a group on stalk. She'll get pouty, huff and sit back in the seat and whine she has things to do at the house :)

Key things I have found is breaking up your outline and keeping the wind in your face. The wind is the biggest thing, if you have it in your favor, even if they see you and you don't act in a "threatning" they won't bolt on ya. Many times I've had them see me and they will move in closer trying to figure out what I am.

Something else that works good is doe/fawn "bleater" mouth call, if they see you and get uneasy, gently fawn bleat a couple times and then stop. Deer are curious and does will move in a bit to see whats up. You need one that doesn't require your hands so you can have your handgun ready, when they get close you have to be in a shooting position or they are going to bolt when you start moving around.

During the late season bucks will come in to a doe "snort" or "bleat" when the rut is getting underway. I used a call to hold the whitetail buck I shot this year, he had seen me and moved into cover I moved to get the wind right and "snorted" him up closer for a shot. The "snorting/barking" doe thing is funny, does use it when they are nervous, like when they aren't ready to be bred yet, bucks don't understand that no,means no and come in anyway. "Hey baby, you know you want some of this"

They fucking get some all right.

.45 Colt lobotomy, coming in a to fawn bleat.

Close in deer and antelope hunting are a hoot.

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Five, what does it matter, dumbfuck? How many times have you jumped off of the Empire State building? We all KNOW what would happen.

Yeah, prefrags work really GOOD at a lousy 1200 fps, dumbass :) a lame like you probably DOES "think" that a 1.5" wide CUTTING edge, that goes all the way thru, doesn't have more lethality than a silly assed pocket pistol. That little piss Ant Makarov either penetrates OR expands. It aint got the power needed to do BOTH, and what's more, you KNOW it. You are just stupid enough to PRETEND otherwise, cause you don't like being shown up as the lame that you are.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, lame, you DON'T drop a deer with a makarov, except with the SAME head shot that will drop them with a .22lr.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Five, I bet that's bullshit LOL

Rest assured my 13 year old killed more big game this year than that, including a cow elk LOL you claim to have killed five head of game and you are how old? You will never catch up in experience with my oldest boy LOL.

You must have let them lay because you don't know shit about the field care of game or what it takes to put them in the freezer. What did you butcher these fantasy deer with 3" blade on combo tool, "Skatchet" thingy? Yea right.

You should stick to the regurgitating of 1970's IPSC, you ain't got nothing to offer the survivalist.

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
I must have missed a post somewhere! Where did this "5 head of game" come from that gunkid has allegedly shot???

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am wonderinbg how come the processor or tards deer does not wonder wher ethe tag on the deer is?

Hmmmm Ionnder of tards PO is aware of his poaching? Could that get him sent back to the pen?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have to say, somewhere in here someone mentioned "stone age indian bows" and that they lacked killing power. I must disagree.

As an owner of a traditional, sinew backed bow, that was constructed myself using traditional tools, materials and methods, i must call "bullshit".

I have never shot a fiberglass bow that performed so well on game. While i dont shoot large game with my bow, i do use it for rabbits and grouse in warm weather if im feeling particularly primitive. There are accounts of sinew backed bows putting stone tipped, short wooden arrows completely through bull buffalo, wounding another.

Anyway, they look nicer than these rambo POS.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The bow, with properly tipped arrows is extremely deadly. They just wound through a differeant mechanism than a bullet. Bullets, no matter the caliber, crush their way through the target, whereas the arrow slices it's way through. Which means with very little power, or kinetic energy, the arrow can slice right through it's target, doing horrendous damage (so much for FPe being the do-all and end-all of stopping power).

They work well on large game as well as small game. I dropped a 175-lb hog year before last with a 70# recurve. Arrow went through-and-through, left a horrendous blood trail out both entry and exit wounds for about 40 yards.

Once again, it's about shot placement, not what the weapon is.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Amen to that. Ever considered building your own "primitive" bow?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, actually I have. I've been getting Primitive Archer for a few years now, and been drooling at some of the work "amateurs" do. I just need to clean some space out to jig it up, and time to do it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
When someone says 'five' and in the same breath says 'what does it matter' you know they are just lieing through their teeth. People who lie tend to trip themselves up with that kind of qualifier.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Magnum, I was referring to the bow your average Indian carried, which was a far sight from a White man built recurve or even the old Welsh long bow.

His fould language aside, it looks like JD is hopelessly stuck in the 1970's when it comes to things like hollowpoint ammo.

He's about as hip on that as he is about 'glass bedding' an M-14. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
He doesn't "have to jump off the Empire State buliding" to know that rapid fire will destroy the "barrel bedding" in an M14 LOL

It's only made more hilarious by the claim that he actualy owned a match prepped M1A.

Liar, Liar your "barrel bedding" is on fire LOL

Some of his bullshit is simply priceless.

Teuf,

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Teufelhund said:
Some of his bullshit is simply priceless.

Teuf,
Guess he figures that if he recycles it enough, it will go up in value. What an inept twit.

RIKA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts