Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or no evidence of the bullet yawing or fragging, but they are still fairly effective. There is no comparison whatsover, however, with the effects you can observe when you hit the same critters with a good softpoint. Since there's zero reason not to have either 60 gr V Max or Nosler Partitions in at least several of the mags for any 223 intended for combat or survival poaching, all this bitching about the 223 ball rd is just stupidity. Quit being an idiot about how many rds you will be firing, and still survive by any means other than LUCK. If you are firing so much, it might as well be with .22lr, cause you are just MISSING.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hmmm, what are you gonna use when your 84rds of specially loaded 223 are used up in one nasty little firefight, huh? I know! You'll whiz down to Walmart for another supply. Naaah. Walmarts closed so you'll just load up another batch on the reloading press you carry in your assault wheelbarrow. Oops, I'm wrong again.

You will use whatever ammo you can scrounge up and that will probably be military or at least FMJ of some kind. Then your POS shorty car becomes an even bigger joke.

Sorry GK. We win ... as usual.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You shoot a rottweiler with a milspec M193 55gr rounds and it'll rip him open and empty him out like something from John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

All bullets yaw and tumble. The milspec 55gr bullet has a cannelure which cause the bullet to break apart at the cannelure, usually within 3" to 4" after impact with flesh.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
MROSTOV says: "All bullets yaw and tumble. The milspec 55gr bullet has a cannelure which cause the bullet to break apart at the cannelure, usually within 3" to 4" after impact with flesh."

Mike, I have a dandy canneluring tool from Corbin Tool & Die. Would that make my bullets more efficient? Know of any studies on self-cannelured bullets?

Thanks

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yes, it would actually.

One of the reasons the first 5.56mm Mk262 Mod1 loadings used Nosler bullets instead of Sierra was that Nosler was willing to turn out special batches of it's 77gr FMJHP match round with a cannelure. It took Sierra a while to come around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts