Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,645 Posts
Re: Re: shoot several 2 gal cans of water, 223

GBullet said:
2" diameter holes? I don't think so. I've shot deer, beaver and nutria with .22 and .24 inch centerfire bullets at 3000-3100 fps and never saw a 2" hole.

I have never personally seen a 55 grain .223 SP that exited a deer. They usually stop inside.

Other folks here have more experience than I do with .223 on deer. Maybe they can share their thoughts?
My experience on coyotes is pretty much like your's. And I don't use ball ammo. I like to use either the speer tnt's or the nosler ballistic tips.

I don't think I've seen a single 2" exit wound from a .223 on a coyote.

Now, using my .280 or my .338 and the exit wounds are LARGER than 2"

As far as the depositing of energy, lets just say Fackler did a lot of research on the subject, and his results differ from GK's.

I like a nice big wound channel all the way through a critter, at least for any that I don't care about the hide.

But, you gotta decide for yourself on round and weapon selection.

I personally wouldn't want to hamper myself with a weapon that required handloads to make up for having too short a barrel. But, I don't intend to spend my time abushing people or playing rambo.

:devil:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.