Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
u can hunt pheasants with .30C ball, safe in the knowledge that you won't destroy ANY more meat than you would with a Stinger in a .22 rifle. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Yep. You had better shoot those dogs from the safety of your van while wearing full armor cuz one of them might come after you.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10" 223, BT bullet=> [email protected] 180m than 30C MUZZLE

:) All you have to do is start the 69 gr match bthp at 2500 fps,which aint tough at ALL. it still has 1950 fps left at 200 yds. 30C ball is down to 1200 fps at 200 yds, if you can still HIT anybody at that range with it. A whole 350 ft lbs, man. WOOWEEE. :) The 10" 223 still expands a 60 gr sp at 180m, still has 1950 fps and 500 ft lbs. In other words, it still hits you at 200 yds like a 4" 357 Mag hits you at 10 ft.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
No one is argueing that the 223 with the right ammo is far superior to the 30 Carbine. However the Carbine loaded with SP ammo is more than adequate for 90%+ of the situations it will be used in.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
My personal experience with feral dogs, tells me that I want a 12 gauge pump handy.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
"...shoot some big dogs, .30C ball, 223 sp...

I don't know (or care too much about) whatever argument with Hardball brought this up, but as you often mention, we "ain't in the military, and we ain't stuck with ball ammo"... Comparing fmj to sp ammo in tests is almost guaranteed to lead to skewed results.

A 110-grain hollowpoint or softpoint bullet @ 1950 fps, a load you've more than once called a "joke", has 200% of the mass, and 157% of the energy of the .356TSW you propound so often; so it means either you're not giving the .30C enough credit, or else the .356 is much less capable than a "joke" .30C as far as effectiveness on dogs, doesn't it...?

The .30C also has right at 300% of the energy of the old .32-20, which has taken tens of thousands of whitetail deer. The .32-20 shoots a 100-grain non-hp, cast lead bullet with 300-320 ft/lbs of energy, which according to your theories, just isn't sufficient for medium-to-large game animals. But it demonstrably has been, for over a century now.

A .223 sp, a .30C sp or hp, or even the .356, .357, etc would work on dogs; although I have no desire to demonstrate it for myself. I've cleanly taken game animals (deer down to coyote and fox) with .223, .308, and .357 magnum; almost all of them within 100-150 yards. I dare say the animals didn't know the difference between calibers.

Maybe I should start taking some game with the .30C's as well, just to document for 'non-believers'.

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
GK persists in his delusion that a soft point .223 bullet fired from a 10 inch barrel will expand, It will simplly drill .22 inch holes and annoy the hell out of a large dog.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Street tests show that a middle-aged drug dealing paranoid schizophrenic homosexual drug dealers drop just as fast from .30 Carbine ball as they do a .223 SP.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Goddammit andy, do you just wander around shooting peoples pets? I hope you get clapped up by an angry inmate with gold teeth, Con.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Coyote said:
Goddammit andy, do you just wander around shooting peoples pets? I hope you get clapped up by an angry inmate with gold teeth, Con.
You're just figuring out that gunkid shoots people's pets for kicks? He brags about it every chance he gets.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Are you serious? Man, someday this man/thing will have to answer for some things...

He obviously never had a dog.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
When he was drafted they made a sentry dog handler out of him. Big mistake, but that's the Army. The dog's terrified him and he wasn't able to perform his duties properly. He was discharged early. Ever since then he has hated and feared dog's. He talk's about killing and being cruel to them every chance he get's. He has not really done 5% of the things he say's he has done. His story of hanging a sentry dog up by the throat and then breaking the dog's ribs in front of witnesses would have got him a very quick trip to the stockade.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
When was this? I have to say, im interested to hear this guys history.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts