Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember where I first saw this yesterday, hope it was not on another thread here on these forums, don't need to duplicate, but I think not so here goes:

There is now a gun or an attachment for a rifle that allows it to shoot around corners. What a tactical advantage! Check out the article at this linkhttp://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1215Israel-Corner-Rifle-ON.html

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Hmm. I can't see much sense in something like that. If the bad guy is barricaded somewhere and not mobile, get a sniper unit with long range hardware. If the bad guy is moving, I think it would be hard getting a bead on him. I think it's a bad idea to get tunnel vision looking at a small video screen with bullets flying around.

Of course, that rig looks more like an assassination tool, so I guess it would have some use going into a room to room stealth search for someone. I still would have my doubts about it, though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glenn

The Army/military has been developing a simular system for a number of years, one big dif. theirs has IR capabilites, and is on the AR-16 wep sys

G

·
MP44

I believe the Germans first developed this in WWII for use with the MP44 (The real AK47 that the Russians used to make what is now the AK47 being the German Assault Rifle made the use of SubMachineGuns and other rifles nearly obsolete on the battlefield. Try google.com type in MP44 and you can see one that is on display in a museum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whew, neat gadget... :)

I can see a limited use in a CQB siuation when a long range team would be ineffective (visual obstructions, or in a basement with no views for a sniper) but as I say, limited use..

The best system for fire control, aiming and leading a shot is the trained human mind

A former SEAL made a few training videos that get around the corner issue nicely, for training federal agents, military, police etc and I got the good fortune to see the videos a couple of years ago, when the qualifications instructor happened to be an old colleague that had gone the route of federali and brought the tapes for the class to watch.

The method shown and explained in detail, was using the corner for cover, leaning out just past the corner (minimizing telegraphing your position) and aiming along the center and side of the weapons barrel (weapon held sideways) Depending on what side the corner or obstacle was, would be the deciding factor in which hand to shoot from, with practice stressed for both hands, with all the weapons you would carry (handgun, rifle, shotgun etc)
By utilizing a human, leading the shot on a moving target is greatly enhanced, shoot-no shoot thought is made easier by the humans mind etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts