Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of guys, at least a couple, have mentioned shooting with timers. I have done it a few times at work, but I do not own a timer. What brands and models of timer do you guys own, and what extra features or options do you recommend? How much for a decent one?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I've been using the Speed Timer 3000 for about 6-7 years now. Very easy to operate. If they break down the company is very customer oriented. In one case I shipped a timer to them for repair, they sent back a new one. I like it.

http://www.ruready.com/

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
$100-$100.I've tried all three brands.

My friendcan HEAR the low toned "beep" of the Competition Electronics model (sold by Dillon) the best. The Shooting Chrony model is by far the hardest to set up and use properly. Be ready to take notes, both on how to use the timer, and how you did with your shooting. Don't trust your memory about such stuff, it will betray you.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note taking about such things is always a good idea especially if you want to see how you have improved over many times at practice on your speed.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done some checking on line. I came up with this article about shot timers. It gives a fairly detailed account of four timers of different brands. Make sure to note it has a second page in a small link near the bottom. I went to each web site, and am now thinking of getting the CED8000 (a new model not mentioned in the article but the other CED model impressed me), or the Pact Club Timer II. I have to check the discount available at brownells for LEOs.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
CED makes some good gear. You'll be happy with a CED

:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts