Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's true that the bullet is not yet stable at the muzzle of such 223's, and that you do have create a larger ID hole thru the baffles than is true of a can used on a longer-barreled 223. So what? There are reasons why my can-design for such guns is 8" long, 12 ozs, and has an OD of 1 3/4". The gun is still super handy, has no muzzleflash or blast, is reliable, accurate, and concealable (when disassembled) has a .22 coversion unit, uses GI parts, ammo, mags, and is so tame when fired that practice with the (uncanned) .22 unit directly transfers into speed of hitting with the (canned) 223. The flashhider for a 10" 223 weighs 9 ozs. The gun handles exactly the same when it's canned as when it's not.

Now that 223 and 308 ammo prices are climbing, the 22 unit is saving you close to 30c a shot. That pays for a $150 .22 conversion unit in a lousy 500 rds. Since you need to fire 5000 rds per year to STAY good with a combat rifle (from either shoulder), it's just flat stupid to not have a rifle that takes a .22 conversion unit.

It's even dumber if shtf, and you aint got a sound suppressor and a 22 unit, cause you'll need both, at least once a week, and probably daily, for the first year of shtf.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The instability is called the violent transition... if you need a diameter over .250 then you are using a bad weight of bullet for the twist rate... you shouldn't have a yaw more than 5 degrees... most of the time is about 3 degrees.

I really wish you wouldn't use a .22 kit and a suppressor as a crutch... good items to have? Maybe, but learn to operate without them first.

Mike

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I find the need for repeated posts on exactly the same subject to be baffling...very baffling. :wavey:

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's not that complicated

It's an old technique called Truth by Repetition. You keep repeating something until people believe it. When confronted with the FACT that it's never been proven true, you just repeat it again, and claim THAT proves it's true. :laugh01:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Let's see, my HRT suppressor by AWC has a .250 diameter passage as does my Bowers MOUT suppressor. The AWC Raider that is on the way has a .240 according to the manufacturer. I'll double check that once I get it.

I don't know what your problem is Andy but I don't have issues with my 11.5 inch commando upper stabilizing bullets... as long as they are 55 grain.

I'd say you need to go back and learn a bit more about ballistics and suppressors.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts