Arms Locker banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i agree the norm

in todays warfair where the long shot is pretty much across the room or in an alley. it plays a very very big role in todays warfare. i mean hell if you are 3 or 30 you know the sound of a shotgun and as far as in my living room some one trying to enter or leave which ever the case doesnt stand much of a chance. so yes if i were a service man kicking in doors i would opt for a shotgun no better purpose for it than clearing a room.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Fallujah...they went house by house, room by room.

That's shotgun territory.

The problem is nothing does everything...that's why the military should find a compromise firearm like a 6.8 mm with a carbine length barrel.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Kpd,
As I understand it, the "finger in the jacket pocket" routine counts the same as a real gun to the DA around here. It should.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I am guessing you mean to get a "minimum legal length" shottie for hearth and home...all kidding aside;an 18 inch tube on a smoothbore does not feel unduly long. There may be a minimum overall length ( I forget what it actaully is) so don't do any workbench mods yourself-shop around and get a Mossie or some other riot gun.Plenty of them are marketed just for those seeking a house gun;no need to tempt an overzealous apparatcnik with th elow hanginf fruit of an easy prosecution.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Damn ,this keyboard is crap;sorry for the typos.:unhappy:

thats it blame it on the equipment, after all its never an operator problem.

another thing you mite want to consider when using a shotgun in combat or at home. now this is for ya'll that don't really know about shotguns. you have to keep your nose pointed a ceiling at all times, its one of them snooty shotgun things and the shotgun will not work properly if you don't. in particular you double gun shooters, after all your using what is without question, a firearm that can only be shot at birds and such. just something to consider.:nuts:

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Funny, on my Winchester M97's, I keep my eye on the bead rather than the ceiling. On 2, the barrels have been cut to 16 6/10" and internal screw-in chokes added. They are old, yes, they aren't fancy but I use them in Cowboy Action and 3 gun competition at least 10-15 times a year minimum. With practice comes proficiency, that's the important point. New and improved is not always better. Technology cannot replace skill!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ya garand i got me one of them Chinese 97 knock off trench guns. it was a piece of crap till i sent to a friend of mine thats really good with old shotguns. not that thing is slick a butter, shoots from the hip like it should. the friend of mine told me it looked like they forgot to finish it. he said there was enough metal left in it to build a 58 Buick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am guessing you mean to get a "minimum legal length" shottie for hearth and home...all kidding aside;an 18 inch tube on a smoothbore does not feel unduly long. There may be a minimum overall length ( I forget what it actaully is) so don't do any workbench mods yourself-shop around and get a Mossie or some other riot gun.Plenty of them are marketed just for those seeking a house gun;no need to tempt an overzealous apparatcnik with th elow hanginf fruit of an easy prosecution.
Well the one I was looking at was a pistol grip 20 gauge an I think the barrel was about 3 inches from the pump and the hole gun is desert camo.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Try to get one with a 3 inch chamber;it will give you more options RE ammo /availability.
Never been my first choice(shotties) ,but that said;they are VERY good in s number of situations. Nothing you'd wantr to get on th ewrong side of:dgrin:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I plan on getting a sawed off shotgun for home protection.

well, now-HOLD ON!!!,,,mister 'noregrets77'

as that is HEAVY-DUTY,,,'slammer-time'[OH-YES.]

although, "iffin" one wished to pursue that vector, I SPIED[hell,I played with it for 10 minutes] a DOUBLE-BARRELED 26.5 MM ***** flare pistol[all-steel],,,and easily sleeved for 12 ga. @ $325

[a total rarity in this day and age , as the ship was sent to the bottom of the sea with the MAJORITY of production, prior to WWII] jap-copy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well, now-HOLD ON!!!,,,mister 'noregrets77'

as that is HEAVY-DUTY,,,'slammer-time'[OH-YES.]

although, "iffin" one wished to pursue that vector, I SPIED[hell,I played with it for 10 minutes] a DOUBLE-BARRELED 26.5 MM ***** flare pistol[all-steel],,,and easily sleeved for 12 ga. @ $325

[a total rarity in this day and age , as the ship was sent to the bottom of the sea with the MAJORITY of production, prior to WWII] jap-copy.
I have no idea what your talking about.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have no idea what your talking about.
Most people dont..but he grows on you after a while...kind of like Mold :dgrin:

ANYWAY what brass was trying to say was that a true "Sawed-Off" shotgun would mean a violation of the NFA, and a stay in Club Fed of 10 years per violation.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Unless of course you live in a state that "allows" you to own a NFA registered one.

And want to do all the paper work and waiting.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Unless of course you live in a state that "allows" you to own a NFA registered one.

And want to do all the paper work and waiting.
Form a trust or corporation. Your wait will be three to six weeks in my experience. You also don't need to be printed or have a CLEO signature. You may also decide who may use it in the trust. A privately owned NFA item can only be handled by the registered owner, not even a wife or offspring.

Last can was four weeks with our trust. Dealer transfer was six days.

Two hundred dollars for a short barrel is a pain in the rear though. I've always thought 18.5 was fine on a shotgun; it's not like one can suppress them well and need room on the end. Maybe for a dedicated breacher?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts