Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
riot barrel works on men to 45-50 ft,

maybe even 25 yds, with a really good barrel and Magnum, 12 pellet buck loads. What you are looking for if 5 or more 00 pellets in the 10" chest circle, 5 times out of 5 shots at torso targets.

Depending upon the height of your trees (ie, distance of shot) a used, $200 20 ga autoloader might do just fine, using #6 shot and "heavy" loads, like 7/8oz or even 3" mags. Then, with a recoil pad on it, and 3/4 oz skeet loads (#9 shot) you'd have something to teach kids and women with, using one of the staked down, springloaded clay pigeon throwers.

If you aint got any kids you'd trust to hunt squirrels, it's cause you aint TRAINED any. Put up some 3x 5 cards at the Dairy Queen, across the street from the high school, and get some earnest 14-15 year olds. They are still young enough to learn something. By the time that they are 17-18, they already know it all, ya see. :)

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
I knew that much, by the bs you post

about "fast". Many things "feel" fast, when all they really are is wasted movement. Anyone who's ever worked on the fast draw on a timer can tell you that much. I've shot a lot more ducks with a rifle than you have with a shotgun. I just sensibly wait until they are sitting, that's all. You clowns act like birds NEVER hold still. :) or that it's NECESSARY or effective to shoot birds, instead of trapping them. A small treble hook and a water engorged grain of corn suffices, tied to a stake, you know.

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
ignorant people "think" many things that

just aren't so. They "think" that hunching their shoulders harder into the butt of the gun, and yanking harder on the trigger makes the bullets fly faster. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.