Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gun is $1200+, without nearly enough in it to justify half that price. However, the original was selling for $1500, back when that was $10,000 in today's money. Shows you how badly they were screwing buyers in the 70's.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
They moved the mag catch from the heel to the frame 20 or so years ago. The P210's biggest selling point was its incredible (almost rifle-like) accuracy. It was simply more accurate than any duty-size 9mm pistol of its day. I semi-lusted after one for a while, much like I've at times pointlessly wondered about owning a Panerai Luminor or an IWC Aquatimer. As far as screwing people, I disagree; as would anybody who's intellectually honest. Nobody is forced to buy one, and if we consider having a higher price as "screwing people", then any watch more expensive than a casio digital or any car more expensive than a toyota corolla would have to be classified as "screwing people".

By that logic, you'd also have to stop recommending a 1911, as they're substantially more expensive than more modern and equally capable service pistols today.

But seriously, the mag-catch thing happened years ago, maybe decades ago.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I got to wondering if I was remembering the mag-catch thing wrong, but no. I googled it up and it was done in 2001. From Tactical-Life.Com magazine:

Sig Sauer P210 and the Swiss Army P49.
In 2001, the P210-8 was introduced for the U.S. market with a button magazine release on the frame.
So it happened a full 20 years ago now.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Come on, John; participate in your own conversations.

In breaking news from the same year as this change that has "finally" been made:
  • Bill Clinton is "finally" no longer President
  • Terrorists flew airplanes into the World Trade Center buildings on September 11
  • The original Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter movies were released in theaters
  • Sig moved the P210's mag release to the frame of the gun

THAT is how "current" this news is, John.

And if you'd do the grown up thing and participate in the very conversations you intentionally start, instead of starting and then abandoning them, I'd be more gentle in pointing out your errors. And let's face it - you post a LOT of errors. Witness this thread, your 9x21 claims or the James Yeager SBR claim, just as a small starter sample. Seriously, if you'd simply participate civilly instead of constantly posting (and then abandoning) error-filled drive-by's, I'd be more polite. But a lot of your 'information' is likely to get someone hurt or imprisoned if they take it at face value, and if you won't participate in civil discussion, then all we're left is the same recurring pattern of you posting stupid and wrong crap and someone else posting less-than-nice corrections to your stupid & wrong crap.

If I'm wrong, please point out where specifically and I will publicly apologize.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
When I first saw that about moving the mag. catch, thought why would they do that again then saw who wrote it an knew it was way behind the times. Like most of the krap he says or writes. Or even tries to attempt to do.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
If I was caught in so many lies, distortions, and out and mistakes I would never post in Arms Locker again, but Melvin is drawn to it like a moth to a flame. It's pretty strange, really.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If I was caught in so many lies, distortions, and out and mistakes I would never post in Arms Locker again, but Melvin is drawn to it like a moth to a flame. It's pretty strange, really.
from what I've seen, he doesn't last very long at any other board - this appears to be his last refuge.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
from what I've seen, he doesn't last very long at any other board - this appears to be his last refuge.
And has been off and on for what? 16years?
Honestly may outlive Patriot Network the other board he had almost free reign to defile. Although I believe in the end it developed other issues.
The non-prepper and firearms areas got dominated by a merry little band of fuggernutters that while mostly entertaining to read stifled rational discussion to a ridiculous level.
Of course in the other areas Melvin had that covered on his own.

That's probably why he's considered kryptonite on all other forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts