Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found 31 round mags for all those models and i have a question. i know this is illegal but its on me.
can any of those models be modified to fire full auto?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
without a doubt, but then you couldn't hit anything with it. The pistol would climb for the sky, because the cyclic rate would be about 20 shots a second. So your mag would be empty in short order, and you'd miss so much that a good hand with a normal pistol could get more hits, faster than you could. :)

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I agree, it would be a waste of your time as well as putting you in jeopardy of going to the fed pen for a stretch.

Years ago an acquaintance of mine had an interesting experience with a Walther PPK going full auto. Whenever he put his Pachmayr grips on it, the darn thing would empty the magazine in a single burst. That was only a .380 and he couldn't control it. Never did figure out why that gun did that, but it was an interesting lesson.

As I said, don't waste you time. It might look neat in the movies, but all it would wind up being is a bullet hose.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I wish I could show you the film clip of the Glock 19 in full auto mode, by addition of a device that converts it (file is MPG and cannot be loaded into this post as far as I am aware). You can hit rather well with a Glock so modified, that is if you are looking to unload all the rounds into the target at close range; or so I thought after seeing this mpg clip. There were 12 holes in the paper, and the shooter then opens up full auto and there are then 24 or 25 holes (maybe 26 or 27) on the paper most in the kill or badly wound zone. This is not something I would want a bad guy to surprise me with. I don't know about those other pistols already mentioned, but this converter modifies the Glock in a way that it becomes a pepper box. Of course, I am fairly certain it is illegal to modify a Glock 19 in this manner.

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
My Colt Gov't model went full auto on me during a match 2 years ago, it was an interesting experience. A waste of good ammo also as I didn't hit anything! A new sear later we are back in operation.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The SAS uses SIG P22s, 9mms, and has 20 round magazines for special operations. I understand that they experimented with a selective fire version, but rejected it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glenn Bartley said:
I wish I could show you the film clip of the Glock 19 in full auto mode, by addition of a device that converts it (file is MPG and cannot be loaded into this post as far as I am aware). You can hit rather well with a Glock so modified, that is if you are looking to unload all the rounds into the target at close range; or so I thought after seeing this mpg clip. There were 12 holes in the paper, and the shooter then opens up full auto and there are then 24 or 25 holes (maybe 26 or 27) on the paper most in the kill or badly wound zone. This is not something I would want a bad guy to surprise me with. I don't know about those other pistols already mentioned, but this converter modifies the Glock in a way that it becomes a pepper box. Of course, I am fairly certain it is illegal to modify a Glock 19 in this manner.
I've seen the video. I've seen a 40cal Glock go full auto and this one was out of control but it didn't have a ported barrel. The 9mm Glocks I've seen where controllable. It is interesting to see that the Glocks behave in such a way that they are at least a bit controllable. At close range its no doubt that a full auto would come out on top. It would be interesting to see how a moded Glock and a ported barrel would shoot in full auto.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don't try it with a SIG. Even with a ported barrel, the slide sits too high on the frame and you will get too much muzzle flip on full auto. How do I know? I owned one of the three full auto P226's on the books that are transferable. I sold it.

Also, don't even speak of breaking the law on the internet like this. .gov is always watching for that. You aren't as anon as you might think you are here.

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
in the time it takes to place a burst on the chest,

at the range it CAN do so, a trained man could have placed a single head shot. The extended mag ruins the gun for ccw, and 15 rds will be gone before you can stop it, most likley, under lethal stress. The range limitation will be 10 ft. So if the range is greater, or there's more than one guy, you will be sorry you ever bothered with it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
people crouch,twist, turn, pivot , etc when they are being shot-at. So forget about the "hits' you see on a big, frontal torso target. Only count the ones in the 10" chest circle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts