·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hmmm....Mabu is thinking of getting one of the factory reconditioned 226's maybe.

After reading some about them on another site.

Any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Very pretty, P226 has an excellent reputation also.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Its awesome. Down RIKA you can't break your piggy bank again. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
if it's still double stack, double action, and no .22 unit for it yet, then why bother? especially if it's steel framed.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Damn nice looking gun! But I would want mine in .357 Sig. Anyone hear of the price tag on that thing?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Nice looker, although I'd stick with the black finish. . .the wood stocks would look nice though.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I think it'd be good to get one just to run it for a while. Knowing how to pick something up off the ground and make it go bang in a hurry might prove a useful skill one day. I'm considering getting a CETME for the same reason.

You can always sell the thing if you don't like it.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IIRC the MSRP may be north of the $1600-$1800 range. It is double stack (holds 19 9mm cartridges vs. 14 in .40), but it's single action (weird trigger, huh). It's out in 9mm and .40, so a 357SIG bbl should be a snap.

Kinda reminds me of a P210 (quality) crpssed with a P226 (caliber/capacity/trigger) and a 1911 (SA w/ thumb safety and upswept tail).

It's one I'll never own, but it would be great to shoot. I'm guessing a compact, alloy version would be a big seller.

·
Registered
60 Posts
WOW, what a beautiful pistol!
If it weren't so expensive, it might have turned me into an automatic guy!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
There's no reason to bother with DA, other than hoping that technological crap can make up for your lack of training and nerve control with the cocked and locked SA trigger.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Please be quiet melvin the adults here are trying to have an intillegent discussion and you are not helping. Go let prophit take a strapon to you pooper or somthing.

Looks like an interesting firearm to me. Perhaps I will be able to shoot one inthe future and provide a report.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think it's got a decocker because it appears to be single action only and not DA.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking that at some point it HAS to have a conversion barrel... aftermarket barrel makers should be able to do it with a .40 blank and afterall, SIG makes the pistol and their name is on the cartridge :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Its kind of a quirk with me,but I acytually LIKE the 5-6inch vbarreel length in a service pistol,whether we're talking wheelguns,auto's etc. A stell frame 5inch tubed Sig with adjustable sights even in 9mm would be kinda nice.Hey,I found steel frame full size 9's like the CZ75/85 to be lots of fun at the range.Good for social work;too ,if you aren't wedded to the whole "mini-gun" concept that many folks seem to gravitate towards.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I'll agree with that Gripper.
In a full-size pistol the 5-6 inch (depending on the design) barrel seems to balance best. Not to mention, if you're packing a full-size pistol, you might as well get the full ballsitics advantage of the longer barrel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts