Arms Locker banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Uh oh! Melvins on the warpath! About nothing, again!

Just wait Hard Rock, in 2-3 years, long after we've all forgotten about this particular childish outburst (there have been so many) he'll bring it all up again!

What fun. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm sure... his understanding of physics is amusing though...

Note: "Besides the barrel in the photo is MUCH shorter than 22", or the can couldn't possibly handle full charge .50 bmg ammo."

With a shorter barrel, more pressure and gas expansion has to be countered by the suppressor. Basically, his understanding of how a suppressor works is exactly opposite of reality. The longer the barrel, the easier it is on the suppressor. Oh, and if the suppressor is properly made, it doesn't matter what barrel length the gun is, the suppressor will handle full power loads. I know both of mine will.

Basically Gunkid, The longer barrel allows for complete powder burn and the pressure spike is on the waning side before the bullet gets to the muzzle. If you shorten the barrel, you get more pressure and the can has to deal with more burning powder and higher temperature gasses.

Mike

·
Banned
9 Posts
so what? The POINT is, the pictured gun has no room for much barrel inside of that can-telescoped around it. You KEEP trying to duck the issue, but I won't let you.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
outstandin
hard-rock! GREAT THREAD.,,, I'm a 'little-fish' in the .50's[i really just smack/crack rocks with mine],,,here's a link to a photo

http://www.maadigriffin.com/800b.jpg

[minus the tripod,of course]

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Oh wow. Thats some rock smacker, Brass.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
That gun is an integrally suppressed design. If that is the same gun I'm thinking of, the barrel is 16.5 inches long, is ported and is designed to keep the round subsonic while making kill shots at 300 yards.

That is a special application piece. My rifles fill a much broader role. Like making 2500 yard shots.

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
just like I thought, It's NOT capable of suppressing full charge 50 BMG ammo. So you might as well say its 45-70, cause 750 grs at 1050 fps is just 1850 ft lbs, not the 10,000+b ft lbs of the full charge load. HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wrong, it uses full power .50 BMG loads... The same rounds that would leave my guns at over 2600 fps. What it does is it ports the gasses to keep the rounds subsonic. Personally, I think it's a waste since the effectiveness of the .50 is cut way down but the owner likes the thought of putting a 750 grain bullet into a target at 300 yards with almost no sound at all.

Learn about suppressors Gunkid... your ignorance is blinding.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
50 bmg can

hello folks ,hello rock. they say turbodyne is very loud 50 bmg can, in fact it was one of the best cans ,tested really great at shot show 2006, you can take a look at silencertests.com, so people do not belive every bullshit they say around without proving or hearing by yourself.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey Dardani! How you been bro?

I've heard Turbodynes that were VERY loud... simply because the can wasn't designed for the platform it was used on. The design of the Turbodyne varies with the weapons system and barrel length. For instance, I wouldn't adapt one that was made to work on a Barrett to operate on a McMillan. It won't work well.

That is why when they recommend you send the gun to them that the can is going to be installed on, you get several things done... first the threads are verified... meaning that they are in line properly with the barrel. Secondly, the can is then designed around your rifle for maximum effectiveness.

This is one reason that the military has been slow to adapt a suppressor for the .50 BMG on a large scale.

Mike

21 - 30 of 30 Posts