Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why spend 10x a much per shot for practice, and 3x as much for the gun, and half less range, half as fast repeat shot? Duh.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since all you are doing with 45-70 is PLINKING, the High point 9mm is a far better choice.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Since the SKS can't do jack, compared to a .45-70. Why waste your money on an SKS?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy please don't comment on weapons like the LA's that you are unable to shoot safely and efficiently. You are welcome to stay with amateurishly gunsmithed tard toys like the canned 10" CAR and the cobbled up Star (aka the 'grenade gun') all you want but don't you dissin' real men's and women's rifles there boy.

Sheesh, I'll bet your pointy head would make a hollow 'bonk' sound if I dropped a cast lead 405 grainer on it.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
OH, SHIT! LIL' SISTER, THAT POINTY HEADED "GLUNK/THUNK" ON THE TARDS
[mister160] HEAD , WAS A WORLD RENOWNED "BITCH SLAP" :roflmao1:

[quite,timely/entertaining/ and funnier than the drizzlin' shits sworn on one's
mortal enemy] HAR.HAR.HAR.

:blowup:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
truth hurts, eh? :)
Aha! So you admit it! Does it make a hollow "thunk" or is it a "boink"?

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just the ballistics and anatomical facts show me to be correct, so the pos's CAN'T refute me with anything but their usual bs.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
andy said:
since lever 45-70 can't do jack crap sks can't do why spend 10x a much per shot for practice, and 3x as much for the gun, and half less range, half as fast repeat shot? Duh.
I have one really big question about your logic...

How do you conclude that a rifle firing a 300 grain .45 bullet, as fast as a .460 Rowland fires a 100 grain bullet, is less effective than the .460 Rowland?

Please see: http://www.reloadammo.com/4570load.htm

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hmm, .45-70 will go length-wise through a Cape Buffalo, hitting both the front shoulder and rear hip and overpenetrating tot he point that you can't find the bullet. . . .SKS can't do that. .45-70 leverguns are accurate to at least 500 yards, IF the shooter is up to it. SKS. . .not really.
In fact, for normal people, who have these things called LIVES, teh .45-70 can do a lot the SKS can't. The SKS can do some things the .45-70 can't. Real people can, and many do, own both.
It's just losers who hope the world will end so that he'll stop getting arrested don't understand it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The question still stands...

How do you conclude that a rifle firing a 300 grain .45 bullet, as fast as a .460 Rowland fires a 100 grain bullet, is less effective than the .460 Rowland?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did I say THAT, twit? :) What I SAID is that the sks is just as good in every way, and better in some ways. What's the pistol got to do with it?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The SKS was designed to fulfill the general purpose infantry rifle role. In many ways it still does this well. It is simple to use, reliable, and durable.

In contrast to the SKS, the modern .45-70 lever action (LA) is a splendid hunting rifle. Like the SKS, it is reliable and durable. Unlike the SKS, the LA requires minimal maintenance.

In hunting, the rate of fire is less of an issue, as good shooters don't "machinegun" deer, etc.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
andy said:
Where did I say THAT, twit? :) What I SAID is that the sks is just as good in every way, and better in some ways. What's the pistol got to do with it?
You claimed that the .460 Rowland is suitable for taking any animal in North America. Why do you then poo-poo the .45-70?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy is afraid of the 45-70 because it kicks and makes noise.

RIKA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts