Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is be used by lots of guys, to throw rocks at groups of guys, and get the RARE fluke hit. Big deal. I have $5k that says that NOBODY can demo reliable hits on a man target with one, beyond the range at which a good man could do the same thing throwing the same rocks by hand. So why bother? If you have a threat, or need food, ANY risk of missing it, with a rock, is an unacceptable risk. All a sling MIGHT be good for is tossing incendiaries, or throwing a distracting "noisemaker" further than can be done by hand. No need of PRACTICE for such use. You lames can't even shoot a rifle and a pistol worth a hoot, can't fight hand to hand, have no CLUE how to make a good can, etc. Those things are what you'd better work on, not bs like practicing with a sling.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy your babble is worthless. We are discussing alternative weapons that you have neither the talent nor are physically able to use. Please don't interrupt when adults are talking.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So I cant shoot? how about lighting matches at 20 feet with a .22?

And apparently I cant fight hand to hand! Ive only ever lost 2 fights, both in the ring. Never lost a fight outside the ring.

And your a fool if you cant figure out the advantages of a sling; Im not saying Id take it into combat, it would be useless there, but you yourself have stated that gathering food silently could be a must in a survival situation. Plus a direct hit on small game is more effective than your .22, in my opinion. Just doesnt have the range. Also your mistaken about the accuracy; I can hit tin cans at 30 feet. Oh, and you can use it for a "shotgun effect" too, just pack a bunch of smaller stones into the pouch.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Where you getting that $5000 tard? Not from yoru SSI income that's for damn sure/ Is ti coming from the real estate scam you and yoru wife run?

Lets se teh money and I bet you at least 3 of the folks here can earn it.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
I have $5k that says that NOBODY can demo reliable hits on a man target with one, beyond the range at which a good man could do the same thing throwing the same rocks by hand. So why bother?
Hmm, the fact that the rock out of the sling will hit 5-7x as fast as the hand thrown rock might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hmmm.....Mabu say the only thing the FOOL ever had in a sling was his ass.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Andy, you have some good points man. It's just that they DID serve as effective weapons for a while, didn't they? For something that's less than the size of a fist and lighter than a cup of water, sounds pretty cool. Of course, I guess you could make one out of the first animal you off. Might be good for long term survival like Nichols did.

cheers

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good one Mabu!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts