Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks before Christmas, I called Smoky Mountain Knife works to place a catalogue order. I had received their catalogue days before, and a knife on the cover - as case trapper 2004 Christmas edition really caught my eye. It was the perfect gift for a very good friend of mine who is out in Hell Paso, TX (whoops El Paso). When I called to place my order everything seemed to go smoothly. After having completed the order process the lady at SMKWs asked me if I wanted expedited shipping for Christmas. Before giving an answer, I asked when it would ship. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that orders usually ship with 2-3 days of the order being placed, but this one may take an additional day or two because of the holiday rush. I said ok by me, just send it regular shipping. The lady at SMKWs then pointed out that it may not make it on time for Christmas, and as I recall, I again asked when it would ship. She again confirmed within a few days. I opted for regular shipping.

I called SMKWs on December 18th to find out the status of my order a couple of days before Christmas. I was surprised when another lady there - Kim - told me it had not shipped and would not ship until after Christmas. When I asked why it had not already shipped, she checked my order and in what seemed to me like a suddenly snotty tone of voice said that I had not asked for expedited shipping when I placed the order. I told her that the woman who took my order had assured me it would go out within 2-3 days or 4 to 5 days at most from the time I had ordered. Kim told me, again in an apparently snotty tone of voice, that no one ever told me that. She said she knows the other woman who took my order, that woman had worked there for years, and she would never tell anyone that an order would be shipped out so quickly under any circumstances. I then told Kim I had taken notes when I ordered, I had written down that the woman who took my order had told me it would ship in no more than 5 days. I also referred Kim to the shipping info page in the SMKWs catalogue, where it says, if not an exact quote, then something very much to the effect: 'most orders shipped within 2-3 days'. She did not have a quick come back this time. I asked to speak to a superior, but of course they were all busy - and no one ever got back in touch with me.

I then wrote an email to SMKWs. I have not received a reply. The order has not been received by my friend. Now that I think of it I had better check my credit card account to see if these, in my opinion, bums charged me for the knife. If anything changes, such as if the knife is ever delivered, or if I get an apology, or at least a decent explanation, I’ll let you know. As it now stands, I certainly don't need to do business with the likes of people like this no matter how many knives they sell or no matter how badly I want a knife they have for sale.

Below is a copy of the email I sent to them:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.