Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raiders posts just gave me an itch I guess. :)

There is one gunshop around here that always has a ton of lever guns.ALOT more than any other shop.So thursday I went to check them out.I looked at 34(!) assorted Marlins & Winchesters.& every stinkin one of them was a .30-30!Every one!New & used.Not even a single .35 Remington-which is pretty popular w/the smarter folks around here.When I asked the counter guy about a .45-70 all I got for my trouble was a blank look.Like I had grown another head or something.:alien:

I guess if I want one bad enough I'll just have my normal shop spec order it 4 me.Wierd day.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Congratulations Jeff. Welcome to the Big Bore Club. Are you going to get the 18 1/2 or 23 inch barrel. I promise that you'll love it.

(sorry Melvin, you aren't the only big bore in town. :D )

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
WOW, I can't believe it, no big bores at all? Not even the .45 Colt or .44 Magnums?

Wasn't that like a Twilight Zone episode or something? This guys walks into a gun shop and there's nary a big bore to be found, that's where he gets the idea he's been transported into an evil dimension. . .?

·
Registered
611 Posts
41mag said:
There is one gunshop around here that always has a ton of lever guns.ALOT more than any other shop.So thursday I went to check them out.I looked at 34(!) assorted Marlins & Winchesters.& every stinkin one of them was a .30-30!Every one!New & used.
What's wrong with 30-30s? Buy a couple...or buy one and send it to me. You can't have too many lever rifles.

Not even a single .35 Remington-which is pretty popular w/the smarter folks around here.
I like this comment. :cool: Makes me feel good about my .35.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep,nothing but thutty thutties.& I already have one.A KMART Winchester.I don't like it.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Only wussies own a thutty thutty, go .38-55 and put some juice behind the round!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garand said:
Only wussies own a thutty thutty, go .38-55 and put some juice behind the round!
LOL!Thanks Garand,I already have a .458WM.Will that keep me out of the wussie club?! :dgrin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
:eek: :eek: hey......I hunt with a 30-30 :eek: :eek:

I want a sharps 45-70 though.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.40-90 Sharps Strait.

Mmmmmmm.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Or I would also like a B/P big fifty. I JUST WANT A SHARPS. but im broke for now

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Those are decent.
But they're just not a Sharps.

You can get a base model Sharps, the real deal, starting around $1500.

Shiloh Rifle

Most of the barrel options (weight and length) cost no additional, and you can run the whole gamut of chamberings. At $1540 the Montana Roughrider (on the second page) looks like a nice rifle.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GROANMagnum,between that sight & Dakota Arms' they combine to make my wallet feel inadequet(public school,sorry :nyah: )

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Well, muh wallet beez feelin inadikwit too, but da man cans beez dreamin cant him?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Why not opt for a Marlin in .450 Marlin caliber?

Edited In CORRECTION - do not try shooting the 45/70 out of the 450, because if I now understand correctly you might blow yourself up doing so. Again I am none too sure of that so check on it to be certain.

According to Marlin the .450 Marlin is the most powerful cartridge they have ever offered in a lever action rifle. Yee ha!

Here are links to two somewhat different models in that caliber.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/bigBore_levrAction/1895MR.htm

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/bigBore_levrAction/1895M.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts