Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it's a toss up between indoor plumbing & central heat.

Oh yeah,& trying to avoid getting shot/stuffed/peeled,& eaten too.

Nonsense aside I think that it would be fascinating to watch how people cope w/a new reality.

I have no illusions as to my own chances of survival.IOWs,I believe that with my current state of mind the loss of order & the fall into chaos would snap my noodle(& prolly a few more just like it) like an eggshell.

A month or so ago we had a zombie thread.That's about what I would expect of the inner cities within just a month or so.I expect that cannibalism will happen sooner or later.I expect that groups of cops & soldiers will band together.I expect that those same bands will have the most succesful raiding parties.I also expect the most lawlessness from those same parties.

The extent of de-evolution possible after a major catastrophe boggles my mind more & more each time I think about it.

I think that a meteor strike-a planet killing one-would be more merciful.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Being a simple person, I would miss ice the most.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Being able to piss off gunkid, everything else is easily handled!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I'd miss all the whiney liberals - not!

Some luxury items, being able to easily contact people over great distances probably would be foremost.

You'd be pretty much isolated to your little corner of the world...

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I expect most cops to be shot the first day, if they wear uniforms, go to work, or ANYBODY knows where to find them. I'd miss the "eye-candy" most. :) It wouldn't change my outlook about much of anything, and I'd make me feel all warm and fuzzy, in lots of ways. I'd know that nearly all the pos's and sheep would be dead in short order.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
the cities will implode and burn within 2-3 days of the power going off. The suburbs within a week, the small towns in less than another week. cannabilism will start within the first month, guaranteed.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I would miss locking felons up. Most now incarcerated would be dead in day's either from being killed by their peers or shot and killed by an armed cirizen. Felons aren't smart enough to band together for they're own good. Seriously, I would miss the convenience of every day life. Cold? Turn up the heat. Got a taste for shrimp? Drive to a restaraunt or grocery store and buy some. Want to talk to Son or Daughter? Pick up the phone and do so. That's what I would miss.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hmmmmmmm…………. I would Probably miss family and friends, but once I ran out of dip that would be bad too. Those who smoke, chew, dip etc…. what will yall do post SHTF, do you have ammo cans full of tobacco? Ill just do without, but what about those that are terribly addicted to tobacco?

Randy

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
There was no LIFE before tobacco, alchohol, Air conditioning, electricity, vehicles, MTV, central heating, refrigeration, etc. Dont you KNOW that?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gun_crazy_JR said:
Hmmmmmmm…………. I would Probably miss family and friends, but once I ran out of dip that would be bad too. Those who smoke, chew, dip etc…. what will yall do post SHTF, do you have ammo cans full of tobacco? Ill just do without, but what about those that are terribly addicted to tobacco?

Randy
There are 2 days of pain and then it gets better. The psychological addiction stays a long time. Yes, I'm an ex smoker. :(

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The world won't end tomorrow -- It's already tomorrow in Australia ...

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I'd probably miss the convienence items also. Being able to order any books I want and have them here in two days. Washing machines. Etc, etc. Live takes a lot longer in more primitive conditions. Having the women stay home wasn't a luxury, it was a necessity, and will be again. It really does take all day to be a "home maker" without all the modern convienences.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Vegetables in winter, and fresh meat on demand in the summer. Dried they both can be good, but a salad with hot soup is great, and meat would be difficult to keep in the summer.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Quarter-pounders and good bourbon.

Also, the foods that have to be brought in from elsewhere; never eat a banana or orange again, etc. Finding/growing/hunting food is not too complicated, but the memory of how easy and plentiful it once was would likely be the worst part. Not that there "was no life" before them, or that they're crucial to survival; more that they're just not easily reproducible(sp?).

Family also. Most of my blood relatives are in other states, and not being able to verify their condition would be a bad feeling.

The "ammo can full of tobacco" merits consideration. A small one with some pipe tobacco, along with my spare pipe... couldn't hurt, and wouldn't cost $20 probably (I smoke relatively cheap pipe tobacco); and would offer some measure of pleasure or sense of 'normalcy', assuming the time was available.

Looking back up at my list - fast food, booze, more food, and tobacco... :unhappy:

I'm something of a hedonist, apparently.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John in AR you bring up an interesting point.re.Foods that have to be brought in from elsewhere.

There have been a few shows on the History Channel that dealt w/WWII & the US Merchant Marine & the billions of tons of food & supplies that it took just to keep Britian from starving.On any island nation I'd bet that conditions would be abysmal within a very short time & that the percentage of survivors would be even less than on a mainland.

I'd expect the Hawaiian islands to be an exception.If the Navy were busy elsewhere that is.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raider said:
Being a simple person, I would miss ice the most.

RIKA
For some reason that just cracks me up!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i be missing my thunderbird but heck can't we grow our own tobacco and makes our own booze? not thet it would be a firs thing to do if somethin go wrong in the usa

1 - 20 of 43 Posts