Arms Locker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some Americans invaded Mexico & made pre-emptive strikes against the drug & border jumpers?

I've read where Americans-private,non.gov,individuals have/are watching the border for illegal traffic.
I've also read of Mexican police incursions into our Southern states.

Are there any groups that've convinced the Border Patrol to turn a blind eye & allow them to "invade" Mexico?Or who have just gone & done it on their own?

It seems unreasonable to me to believe that somefolks haven't.

It also seems like a potentially hot(political) potatoe that could be effective.
If done quietly,that is.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Actually, the Border patrol and the Justice dept are going after groups like Ranch Rescue. Charges are being filed agains people that detain ilegals on their properties.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
41mag said:
some Americans invaded Mexico & made pre-emptive strikes against the drug & border jumpers?

It seems unreasonable to me to believe that somefolks haven't.

It also seems like a potentially hot(political) potatoe that could be effective.
If done quietly,that is.
Illegals who cross into the US are treated gently and released or at least sent back where they came from. Criminals profit from their activities and so take the risk.

American citizens, if caught by either Mexican or US law enforcement would be treated more harshly than either illegal or criminal. They would have no friends to help them except the lawyers they could hire (great friends the lawyers).

Most of us won't take the chance of spending the rest of our life in prison and having our family impoverished over something that our tax dollars are supposed to be paying for. Just not worth it.

There are some things that could push a person into taking the law into his/her hands. Something horrible done to a family member for instance. If something like that were done, it would be done covertly with only one or two people knowing about it.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Exactly.

Heck, the Mexican ARMY has fired shots at our BP guys and our guys just get out of dodge.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I’ve only had one dealing with the Border Patrol, and it made me just about sick. Routine traffic stop one saturday afternoon, caught an illegal mexican. Took him in & called border patrol office (sounds odd that we have a border patrol office, as we’re not a border state, but we have a huge illegal problem here in Arkansas), and they flat told me that since it was saturday, they couldn’t come get him, and since there was only one, it wasn’t “worth it” (their words) for them to have us hold him over the weekend.

Their instructions to me: “Send him home, and tell him to wait for us there & we’ll pick him up on Monday.” I kid you not; the agent told me to do exactly that (I made him say it twice, just to be sure). And they’re the Feds, so they have final word. When I told the illegal what they said, he looked at me like I was setting him up; like he expected I was going to shoot him in the back when he was walking away or something. I had to tell him twice to go home; he just couldn’t believe it any more than I could.

Your tax dollars at work. :;puke02:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Have shovel sales gone up in border states?
From some of my Texas relatives, I have heard that Shoot, Shovel and Shut up is an expression heard quiet frequently these days.

Reactions: Hard Ball

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
from personally conversing/talking to a few agents 1 to 1,

they are pretty much on this line, oh,no!...for god's sakes , please DON'T
SHOOT ILEGALS, it would put them in the spot-light, internationally,
and make thier lifes much worse than it is already.

i can say, that the agents presence have 'tripled' in the last 18 months[or so]
they mass on paved 'choke-points' and throw up road blocks frequently.
and they DO patrol on 'quads'

but ,when the mexicans hump 70-80 miles? they can be hard to stop,
at [1] point, i had entertained the thought of collecting every 'abandoned backpack' i would come across, and resale them at the border.[it would keep me in beer money,easy]

i know a spot that looks/looked like a battalion sized staging area, and the troops fled!
i mean there are clothes, tubes of tooth-paste,cans of food,shoes,ect,ad nusem[s.p] oh,yeah, and a lot of discarded el beano I.D cards.

other than the above posted, thats all that's fit to print :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Stillwater said:
From some of my Texas relatives, I have heard that Shoot, Shovel and Shut up is an expression heard quiet frequently these days.

Its about the only solution that makes sense if the "authorities" aren't willing to hold up their end of the societal contract.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
Bush's buddies need the cheap labor, so that's that.
Thats nice Johnnie, Untrue, but your comment is nice anyway.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It just suprises me that no group has deceided to "cause trouble" say...five miles or so south of the border.

I understand both the points about vigilantism/imprisonment & "it's not my job".

It seems to me just a small step from Ranch Rescue to nipping the bud off @ the stalk that's all.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I HAVE 'INVADED' mexico once!

you see, i was "looking "for a customer once , south from sells az.[in indian county] and 'tooled' on a dirt road,about [10] miles south of the boarder!
when i knew i was "lost" in BEAN LAND[with my rights]
i hammered a 'U' real quick!

the boarder was a 'JOKE'!

not no more! the B.P. are FOR REAL/IN FORCE [with air support]

·
Registered
296 Posts
there have been several attempts to close the borders by civilans here. the BP has dealt harshly with it. charges of false imprisonment. brandishing a firearms ect. there was a group that attempted it last yr or the year before...they only take pics and call the BP now what is left of them that didn't get jailed. the BP and the gov make a big scene of trying to stem the flow of illegals and smuggling(in my book the same thing). there is an awesome amount of manpower down here since 9/11. but so many illegals its like what to do when all the trucks are full (they put em in the back in cage like a large dog kennel) the one rangeing the border are more concerned with drug trafficing. they have check points that collect the illegals at the paved choke points. they are suprizingly good at it. the ones that get by are hoofing it through the desert with a gallon jug of water. they are also teh ones most likely to die. sometimes they get led out into the desert and stranded, shot, and or robbed/raped by the coyotes (smugglers of people)
the reason i know this is i used to drive a cab here in yuma. (yes taxi cab confessions stuff does happen lol) the rules used to state that unless they had a very odd appearance (gallon jug of water/ back pack ect) that we could NOT ask if they were illegals. it would be discrimatory and since a great part of the population is hispanic here VERY hard to tell. used to get 7 to 8 guys that wanted to go to phoenix all the time. the BP would drag em out at the check points every time.

then the rules changed as the borders tightened up. you HAD TO ASK because if they cought you with 'em in your cab you went for coyoting and the cab was confiscated. wasn't really a big deal since you get a 6th sense after driving a cab for a while you learn to feel when things are not right.

have found myself in mex several times by accident. all but one on quad in the buttercup area of the imperial sand dunes. it is marked but the duns cover it up sometimes. so far federalies and the borderpatrol have been quite nice about it but i have heard horrer stories. also if you get hurt on mex side even by a few feet. the BP can NOT come to your aid they must call the very slow to respond federalies.

found myself in mex armed once! was fishing and this young boy almost drowned by moralis dam (small flood control dam right across from algodones mex). i didn't think about it just jumped in. pulled him out on the nearest shore wouldn't you know it mexico! made sure he was fine back to USA in record time damb near swam fast enough to plane.

the only time i had issues with the BP was two yrs ago. we went fishing by moralis dam. friend with me was packing a S&W 686 in open carry. i was packing a sig 229 .40 and a sig 230 .380 in CCW. they showed up about 20 min after we started fishing but they would have had to get wet to reach us. we noted thier being there. waved to them in a friendly manner (if they wanted to chat they had thier chance to let us know then) and continued fishing. after about 3 hrs we had our limit of striped bass and packed up. heading back to the truck we now saw 4 BP trucks. 2 BP officers with binoculars trained on us. and we were met on the shore by an officer who thought he snuck up on us. he was short with his commands but polite enough. told my friend to walk ahead of him and me to walk behind do to the fact that my friend was carrying. he never asked me lol. we were met at the truck by all the other officers 6 total. most were young buck 21-25 looking one was older 40ish. 1st they disarmed my friend (i spose i should have told them then) then they wanted to look in the truck i opened it and allowed it (no real choice anyhow) then they wanted to look in the tackle box. this created a problem as they found a syringe in it. i explained at length what it was used for...blowing up worms to allow them to float. fortunatly one of them was a fisherman and vouched for the use. then they wanted ID.
at this point i asked quietly and cautiosly how i should proceed being that the wallet was in my back pocket and i would have to reach past my firearm to procure it. :rolleyes: you never seen 5 sets of eyes get so big so fast lol :laugh01: . all of them but the senior had turned thier backs to me at once several times at this point. :headbang: the senior smiled and replied....just pull out your wallet. this i did slowly. then came the question of what i was carrying and if i had a CCW.
the rest is rather boring except that as we left i could see the senior rounding up the lil ones and lecturing the hell out of 'em. thinking they learned a good lesson and were rather fortunate i abide the law.

ok enough rambling
sean

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good story sean!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i have had [2] different pairs of 'scratch-backs' [young males]
try to flag me down/surrender? to me THIS WEEK! while i was engaged in the lawful persuite of commerce[arivaca, and points south]

when the 'el idoittoe el beano's over load [way beyond load capacity]
thier vehicles, and then try to out-run the revolving lights it turns TRAGIC!

after first reading this thread, i studied on it and think , if when caught[the beans] they should be given a judicial 'hearing' with [2] options!

1] join the american 'MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE DIVISON' ,after 24 months of service, greencards/visa are thiers,after 10 years as a model worker[no run-in's with the law], then FULL CITIZENSHIP!

2] if they don't take option [#1] at the hearing, the next time they show up on the RADAR SCREEN[after deportation] will be 10 years hard labor[then deportation]

hey! the french have a foreign legion!

this will WORK![if i was in charge,anyway!]

:wavey:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts