Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a problem for anyone with a 12year old kid's level of knowledge about the issue. Once made aware of the availabiltiy of softpoints, that's what anyone should be using, dumbass.

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Only a dumbass would use soft points for a combat rifle. There's more effective rounds without the exposed lead core.

And Pole's right, once your pathetic ammo supply is gone, you'll be stuck with your vaunted "GI round" which is worth jack shit beyond "halitosis close" ranges out of that little squirt gun.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Last time I counted, reloaders have 60+ different choices in manufactured .308" bullets. Sorry Melvin you are wrong again.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
and after your 42 rds are gone?

Pretty much all the 223 ammuntion you scavange will be ball, and most likely not proper M193 ball.

(3) 30 rd mags, of 223, each one loaded 2 rds short
Mostly 64 gr sp's, but a 14 rds each of 62 gr

84-14-14-14=42

http://www.patriotnetwork.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14016
Either hadn't seen those particular quotes before or just didn't remember them. One more example of recommending staggered loading; every other round a softpoint and every other round a 62-grain fmj. The 62 grain fmj is one of the worst possible loads from an AR, and worse still if it's a short-barreled AR.

I'm not an ammo snob anymore. I used to be, but have accepted that there simply is no magic bullet. A good bullet, in a good caliber, does a good job. But I do still have standards, and from a short rifle the M855 is awful. It doesn't tumble, it doesn't expand, it doesn't fragment, and it won't penetrate anything above pistol-armor ratings. It's a crap bullet for civilian defense, even from a full-size rifle. From a short rifle, it's basically an overly loud icepick.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It's not a problem for anyone with a 12year old kid's level of knowledge about the issue. Once made aware of the availabiltiy of softpoints, that's what anyone should be using, dumbass.
who is this directed at?

Another senseless post started mid-thought that is angry and dumb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts