Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a wish list mind.I know exactly what I'm buying in the new year.How 'bout yous?

Mine-handguns-CZ52 x 2
Colt Target .38 special
Freedom Arms model 83
long guns-Colt M4gery.model 6920?
CZ550 .375 H&H
VEPR rifle in 7.62x39

Anything else is just a wish.These babies are coming home w/me.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Unless I get a big contract, probably nothing for a while though I have a long list. Loans and current bills come first.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Actually, I find myself in a unique situation, I have everything that I currently want or need. With any luck though, I'll find something else that I just can't live without! :) :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Garand, did you ever get that S&W Victory Model you were looking at?

RIKA

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've got a 1910 Mexican Mauser hope to finish up this winter, just a little metal work to complete and a whole lot of stock work to start on.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Nope, I himmmmmed and Hawwwwed about it for a while and gave myself poop for only shooting 2/3 of the guns that I own on an annual basis. I decided last thing I need is another gun in my cabinet that not going to get shot regularly.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
That's the fun of going to gun shows and browsing the net for guns. You never know when you are going to find something that you absolutel NEED to have that you didn't realize until you laid eyes on it. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just placed an order for a new IPSC gamer gun. An Open blaster from Triangle Shooting Sports. Yeah, I know...gamer, lame...

I also need (I really do mean need) a decent carry gun. I am actually considering a 9mm Kahr.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Realistically... an M4 because I think they're gonna be banned again.

On the pistol list...

1911 alloy commander + full size gummint

Beretta M21A.

Way down low... PM9.

so damn broke it sux... fun to wish tho!

cheers

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
IF finances allow, or the magazine prices drop to a sane level, probably an M1A.
Also like to find a used BLUED Redhawk in .45 Colt (since they only make blued new Redhawks in .44 Magnum anymore).

Other than that, I'm really covered.

Maybe a few more Enfields now that I think about it. . .

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
If $ are an issue, settle for a 9mm lwc, Spld fully loaded, used, $550 in hand. and a .22 unit, and just the AR LOWER. There, just saved $1000, which means u can get the M21 and the Kahr, and a lot of 9mm and .22 ammo. In fact, just get the alloy frame for the Commander, saves another $400, and you can always get the rest of the parts later. If going with the SA trigger pull for the belt gun, I'd look real hard at a $250 Star 380 for the pocket gun. Saves $300 over the Kahr. That's plenty of money to get started in reloading, ya know. Lee Challenger aint capable of full length sizing bigger rifle cases than 223, but you dont need bigger rifle rds, either. SKip the Lee scale, get a Redding instead. The Lee powder measure leaks a bit, but you should never trust a measure for max loads, anyway. The lee measure is ok for practice ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Well I don't know that I'll be buying myself any guns in the next year, but I do plan to buy my son a:

1) Ruger 10/22 All Weather

2) 12 gauge Shotgun for all around bird hunting and fun shooting at clay - maybe a Remington 1100 - still not decided.

If I get somethjing for myself it may come from a gun show or the Internet. Like Rich said you never quite know what you NEED until you see it. Of course if I run into some extra cash I would like a rifle in .308, and I would like a pistol in .40 S&W.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I'm going to STOP buying guns. I have too many that I don't shoot regularly to justify buying more. Also, I went a little C&R haywire after getting a license. The worst thing is my wife could not care less what I buy. UPS shows up at the door with the long, heavy package, and all she say's "Oh. that's nice. Your getting a good collection, aren't you?" What help is she? STOP ME, BEFORE I BUY AGAIN!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You are blessed with a wonderful wife/partner. As long as you can afford it, indulge yourself.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
The only things I've decided to change-add in 20 years are the .50 bmg upper for the AR, and the 10 ga altered to box mag, chopped 20mm AA brass, firing a 2 oz grenade-projectile. The Argentines sell such a 12 ga grenade, so the 10 ga version will just be twice as good. Contrary to what the dumbass Fed "thinks", it's a perfectly feasible project. Aluminum body for the grenade, with RDX as the explosive. using a springloaded firing pin in the grenade, to impact detonate a pistol primer. A notch in the rear of the pin engages a springloaded brass pin at a right angle. This pin "rubs' down the bore of the shotgun barrel, and as the projectile exits the muzzle, the safety pin is ejected off to the side of the projectile.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
No, RIKA, it's a sickness. Now that everybody's out of college and married off, (like all that was cheap). A lot more disposable income is available. So instead of wasting it on food and shelter I buy these stupid guns. I'm done. Except for that Luger standard I've alway's wanted and maybe a .45/70 Sharps.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Good luck trying to get a pistol primer to detonate RDX. This I gotta see.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You absolutely cannot EXIST without the regular army model Luger and the Artillery model. The Sharps is calling to you at this very moment.

RIKA (the helpful one) :D

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
From the "Dumbass Fed". Do that JMD, you'll turn yourself into a red mist. A child has better sense than you. Yes, indeed, homemade grenades from someone who doesen't have a clue what their doing. Shotgun launched, mind you, 10 Gauge. Oh, well one less SSI payee.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Terry G said:
No, RIKA, it's a sickness.
I can just picture Terry singing to himself whenever the UPS guy rings his doorbell. . .
Get up, come on get down with the sickness
You mother get up, come on get down with the sickness
You fucker get up, come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

1 - 20 of 37 Posts