Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked into my favorite gun shop for some stress-releif shopping.

Looking around, I came upon a nice FAL. I mean really nice. Looking at the price tag, I told the guy at the counter that I hoped he was joking on the price.

What was the price?
$3300.

Yeah, someone's been huffing the glue and got into the price tags again.

"But it comes with 5 magazines" just didn't make it for me. . .

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Unbelievable!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
It was probably one of those limited edition heavy barrel match jobbies. Tears come to my eyes every time I think that Dad sold his for $2200 but he had to.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIKA: nope, standard FAL, standard contour barrel, bipod, everything. Just a perfect finish. Came with 5 30-round magazines, which does NOT justify that price.

Rich: all I can say is. . ."This is your brain on drugs."

LOL

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum, I have a feeling that standard FAL is going to be sitting on the shelf and gathering dust for awhile.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Raider said:
Magnum, I have a feeling that standard FAL is going to be sitting on the shelf and gathering dust for awhile.

RIKA
I don't know about that. There are only so many Belgian FALs in the USA and getting to be more collectors all the time. I bought my 50.63 folder for $1500 back in the early 80s. Got the full sized match rifle (don't know the model number) just several years ago for $1800. At the time, I thought they were expensive. Now I wish I had bought more of them.

Supply will be dependent on selling prices. The number in the country will remain the same, but the higher the going price, the more of them likely to be in the market place rather then sitting in vaults. As selling prices increase, more people start thinking about selling that rifle they haven't shot for years. Heck, if FALs start drawing $5,000, I would certainly be tempted to sell mine. But I wouldn't sell them NOW for only $3,000 each.

Someday some people will probably be thinking that $3,000 was CHEAP for one of them.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah you've got a point therre Rich, from a collector's view.
I'm just a shooter, I don't care where it comes from, as long as it shoots well, and is reliable.
Guess that's why I can't imagine people paying upwards of $300 for certain years of Hex-bodied Tula Mosin-Nagants. My '43 91/30 and '54 Romanian M44 shoot great, that's all I care about. 'Course the 91/30 was $80 and the M44 was $99 (gun shop I don't do the C&R license thing), and that's all my wallet cares about.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Those are 20 rd mags being offered. The 30 rd mags used by the canadian Army on "inch" FN's were longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the one I saw had the long ones, kind kinked at the bottom, not a smooth curve like I'm used to seeing. Looked too long to be practical if you have to hit the deck.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
I think about the match grade Springfields '03' A3's that were a glut on the market for $79.95. Price one now. Or the humble M-1 once going for the staggering some of $59.95, new, unfired. Luger's $39.95. I could weep! I have enough Mausers and SKS's set against the time they get rare. Probably around 2090. But then, by God, I'll make a killing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts