1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of hi-cap (normal-cap) magazine availability:

Smith & Wesson

2 HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINES AT NO COST!
If the 1994 Assault Weapon Act is not renewed by Congress, any consumer purchasing one of the following new Smith & Wesson handguns at retail between August 15, 2004 and December 31, 2004 that did not include two high capacity magazines at the time of purchase will receive from Smith & Wesson, two high capacity magazines for their specific handgun (subject to federal, state and local restrictions) at no charge upon submission of the handguns model number, serial number and a copy of either the dated receipt or Federal Form 4473.

Model List:
All versions SW9
All versions SW40
All versions SW99's (excludes 45 ACP)
Model 910
Model 410
All variants 5906
All variants 4006

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thats nice of S&W. Wish all of the other manufacturers would do it.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
S&W caved... I won't buy anything from them at all until I see a public letter from them stating that they will no longer abide by the "agreement" and apologize handsomely to the shooting public.

Mike

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't particularly care for their current crop of autoloaders, so I probably won't be taking advantage of this.

However, I will buy their revolvers. They're under different owners and management than signed the agreement. The current people can't be blamed for it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'll happily buy their older revolvers that have real class and workmanship but will pass on their MIM, PC safety lock monstrosities.

My .02

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Actually,I'll also buy SOME of their revos.I think that the fit & finish of my 340pd is first rate for what it is.I'd MUCH prefer it if they ditched the stainless steel & went back to blued carbon steel.But that's just me. :D

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Looks like they are going to have to re-name the 910 again back to the 915.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
41mag said:
I'd MUCH prefer it if they ditched the stainless steel & went back to blued carbon steel.But that's just me. :D

Me too. LOL I never said I'd be buying their new revolvers. There's a Model 27 and a model 586 (blued 686) calling my name in the case right now. I'm up for review in the next couple of weeks, if I get the raise I think I'm getting, I'll put 'em on layaway before some other shmoe who doesn't know how great stainless and rubber guns are, and swipes those clunky ol' guns with that crappy blue finish! :dgrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts