Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take a look at the attched pictures. They give a lesson about someone's idea of hostage negotiations. They technique was simple, to the point, quick, and it worked definitively. Sorry I did not know how to post the pics so they would come up immediately in my post without having to click on the thumbnails, and without me first having to save them to my FTP space at AOL.

Well they did not come out in the order by which I entered them for some reason, so I am redoing this to enter each pic in its own post so you can see them in order with appropriate captions. A friend of mine just emailed these to me along with the captions, I have no idea where, when or why this took place, so the pics must do all the talkig. As for the captions I don't know if they came with the pics or were made up.

1) I have 3 demands or I'll kill the child.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2) Hostage negotiators consult with one another after assesing the situation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3) Head Negotiator dispatched.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4) Negotiations begin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5) Negotiations conclude.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6) Everyone goes home in time for dinner. (Well, almost everyone...)

Yes those captions came with the pics as sent to me, but I guess at least the last one was not a caption under any newspaper pic! Too bad there was not also a pic of the negotiating team later than evening. My guess is it would have looked something like this:
:beer: :dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01: :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I like the way they negotiate. Short, to the point and simple enough for any scumbag to understand. Do you know where this 'negotiation' took place? Certainly couldn't be our U-S of A.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Musta been where they got the "Now who else wants to negotiate?" scene from The Fifth Element.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea where those pics were taken.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Sure would put a damper on anyone considering a copycat crime, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
not necessarily. Such people aint rational

and if they were, theyd just see to it that there was no "rear entry" that they had to worry about. Kids are everywhere, and not hard to move to anyplace, either.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I don't know. Perhaps the thought that the hostage team's top priority will be to KILL you instead of negotiating might put a damper on things.

Of course, this doesn't help much on the sand rats who think that being killed in pursuit of their beliefs will send them to the promised land with honors. One or more people willing to die to accomplish their goal are very difficult to negotiate with.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
almost nobody really thinks that they are actually going to get away by taking a hostage, man. almost nobody ever DOES, so why would anybody think it, hmm? What they are after is a last few minutes or hours of AMOUNTING to something, since, like so many HERE, they NEVER HAVE.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I guess it all depends on how you define amounting to something. In my book being stupid and throwing everything away is not amounting to much. Giving up the opportunities to make something useful of one's life is certainly not amounting to anything.

Winning a title doesn't really mean that someone has amounted to anything. Winning sports or contests do not define one's life, and if they do, then the definitions are very shallow. (I have my share of trophies, medals, accomodations, and the like. They don't define who I am. They're all in boxes somewhere. Other than nostalga, they aren't important.)

Amounting to something - many here have families. That amounts to a lot more than any contest. Many here have careers that provide for those families. Most people here have friends. Without getting corny or opening too much debate, many people here have faith.

All of these things contribute to them amounting to something really special.

It's sorry to see you have so much hatred and loathing for everyone. (or is it really regret for how your life turned out?)

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
almost nobody really thinks that they are actually going to get away by taking a hostage, man. almost nobody ever DOES, so why would anybody think it, hmm? What they are after is a last few minutes or hours of AMOUNTING to something, since, like so many HERE, they NEVER HAVE.
Like the rest of us here, we have never taken a hostage but our lives amount to a lot. Sounds like amounting to something for just a few minutes is a real big deal for you. Thats very sick prison thinking. You need to take a close look at your life and start making some changes for the better. Its not too late.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
So gunkid/erika what have you amounted to? I'm more than willing to list my accomplishments in life if you will! While your at it, please provide us with a detailed kit list of what you have packed and ready to go AT THIS MOMENT.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
andy said:

Wow. Feel the love...

Statistical fact: Most hostage-takers don't plan to take a hostage; it happens when something else goes wrong. Eventually, they often 'morph' into the guy seeking his 15 minutes of fame, but that's almost never how it begins. Even the nutjobs that stew and plan for days or weeks don't generally start out taking hostages, although it sometimes becomes that. Tower snipers, disgruntled ex-employees, etc, if it becomes a hostage situation, it's usually an accident or by-product. Even the Columbine scuds didn't focus on having hostages; they were focused on being Neo from "The Matrix" and for once being in control of their environment.

The transition to hostage situation almost always begins when they've lost control of a situation, or feel like they have; whether it's a man holding his wife & kids in their house, or when the cops show up too fast to a robbery call. It's a visceral, reflexive reaction; "circling the wagons", so to speak.

And yes, I'm qualified to make these statements, having been trained in hostage negotiation by the FBI, the State Police, and the Criminal Justice Institute. Unfortunately, the dept won't foot the bill for these outside things (in their defense, we can't afford it as a dept), so it's up to each person to do or not, on their own; so there's only three of us from any departments in my entire county that I know of, that's been through any of this training.

Hostage takers, by and large, aren't much different than most intentional criminals; they're just cold-hearted dumbasses, albeit emotionally-charged cold-hearted dumbasses.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hostage Taking usually = Desperate measures by despearte men in desperate times!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great movie...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts