Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What attributes possesed by a wounded or injured individual who is part of a group, make it an advantage (other than the obvious desire to act humanely)to insure that person's welfare and assisted recovery?
Perhaps they know where the food is stashed, maybe they are the only armorer exstant, could be this is the only medico handy.
Others?
SatCong

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Maybe they just like the poor dumb bastard and they don't want to see him/her die. Who knows, maybe they are the only one that can play a guitar spin a decent tale by the campfire in order to keep everyone amused during really cruddy times.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MR,
Exactly, and while not immediately required, those ecclectic blends of talents are necessary for any "normal" existence, and, more, any advancement of society.
SatCong

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i agree, on all the posts, or maybe you just liked the person,and knowing it happened to them, you could / might be the next one wounded/hurt.

i don't know [fully] about the rest of you folks, but thats way past the time of me 'grabbing a root an growlin' i mean I'M WANTING SOME PAYBACK!
[ maybe a scalp.. or more.. for my wounded vato]

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Who cares?

If you won't help a fallen comrade when the chips are down, you aren't any sort of MAN.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I expect there will be a lot of off the cuff triage done. Some will die, no matter what you do, some will live regardless, but the ones that you can make the difference will be the ones you have to act on.

If there are too many in the third group, then you need to start making difficult decisions about allocation of resources. THAT decision maker will probably not be very popular with everyone.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Those people that make the necessary, tough, decisions, are never popular with everybody.

However, they are necessary people. Some even get, derisively, called sheriffs!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
yep, do you use up ALL your meds on a semi-hopeless case, or let that one go ,and save the meds for helping those who are truly a benefit to you, later on?

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
It all depends on the circumstances at the time, as does every other decision that your going to have to make.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It's very simple:

No one that can be saved is abandoned, those that cannot be saved are to be made as comfortable as possible.

All lives are valuable, or we lose whatever qualities make us human.

I cannot ask you to watch my back, nor you ask me, if we are not willing to do whatever it takes for each other.

This knowledge alone, makes a group a lot more effective than a loner.

:devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts