Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of action, for civilian handgun scenarios, because 90 % of attackers don't MAKE you hit them with a bullet. Furthermore, you'd BETTER end it, MOST of the time, with the FIRST shot. As slow as most people are with a pistol, ONE shot is likely to be ALL that they GET. So an EMPTY pistol is likely to suffice, MOST of the time, and ANY sort of chest hit is pretty likely to suffice, especially if there's 2-3 of them, CLOSE together in time. The odds of even a 1 in 10 malfunctioning pistols "jamming" after the first shot are pretty low, you know, and not much better for the 3rd shot, either. The odds are at least as "good" that a typical rd, say 38 lhp, 230 gr jhp, WONT stop the man, WITH a good chest hit. The odds are REAL high that you aren't alert enough, SKILLED enough, to even get the gun OUT in time, much less get the necessary hits in time. So THAT'S what you should look into. HAVING a gun,IN hand, in time.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
of action, for civilian handgun scenarios, because 90 % of attackers don't MAKE you hit them with a bullet. Furthermore, you'd BETTER end it, MOST of the time, with the FIRST shot. As slow as most people are with a pistol, ONE shot is likely to be ALL that they GET. So an EMPTY pistol is likely to suffice, MOST of the time, and ANY sort of chest hit is pretty likely to suffice, especially if there's 2-3 of them, CLOSE together in time. The odds of even a 1 in 10 malfunctioning pistols "jamming" after the first shot are pretty low, you know, and not much better for the 3rd shot, either. The odds are at least as "good" that a typical rd, say 38 lhp, 230 gr jhp, WONT stop the man, WITH a good chest hit. The odds are REAL high that you aren't alert enough, SKILLED enough, to even get the gun OUT in time, much less get the necessary hits in time. So THAT'S what you should look into. HAVING a gun,IN hand, in time.
Why all of the blood and thunder TARD? Who says things will be as you predict?

Alll of us here know how twisted you are, mentally. Are you begining to slip over the edge? Sure sounds like it.

Bill

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
speed into action's worth more than reliability of action, for civilian handgun scenarios
Yeah, dude, go be the firsat one to "click". Yep good strategy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I see the point

He's trying to say that if you don't get your weapon into action fast you may not need a second or third shot.

It's a moot point to me though, there are plenty of handguns that are fast into action and still run all the time, you can have both.

Speed to first shot really has more to do with carry mode than anything IMO, untill you get to the handguns that are so small they don't allow for a fast grip.

By my way of thinking, as a civvy defending myself or family, I'm probually not going to be walking around with my Plastic Fantastic in my grubby dick-skinner. So when confronted, speed into action is going to be rather critical. I spend mucho practice on presentation from conceilment.

I won't tolerate unreliable weapons at all.

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Only an idiot would carry a unreliable firearm!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yeah, wonder if he was championing the "Chopped Pocket Star BM (💩) with the thunderzapper hypersonic uber loads in 2004? That time frame it was difficult for me to keep track working 2nd shift and often 1st or 3rd. IGMO's pontificating wasn't high on my priority list back then.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
...speed into action’s worth more than reliability...
Your thesis only holds true if your reason for carrying a gun is to scare people. I don’t carry a gun to scare anyone; I carry a gun to protect myself, from people and animals both. At least this is a rare example of consistency, because you’ve also said that reliability only matters if you plan on missing a lot.

But on the other hand, “wow”... A ccw gun is a piece of emergency, lifesaving equipment, and you truly don’t think reliability matters? How about other emergency gear? Does reliability matter in a fire extinguisher?

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 11 of 11 Posts