Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a bit tedious. All you need,really,is access to a lathe for an hour and you can have 50 or so of them. That is, if you''ve obtained the lightest wt bullet mold in any given caliber, and cast slugs withit, out of "non lead" solder, which is 95% tin, 5% antimony. Hollowpoint and hollowbase them in the lathe, deepen the grease groove. If you only want to check the breakup in flesh, you can slit the noses (almost back to the grease groove) with a little mandrel mounted "rotary saw" in a dremel.If you want real accuracy, you have to drill holes in the top of aluminum vise jaws, slit 6 bullets at a time, in a horizontal milling machine.

If all you want is to check the velocities I claim, all you need is Bullseye powder, Lee liquid lube, and the Lee Sizer tool, which mounts in a reloading press. Size and lube after hollowbasing in the lathe. you can skip the hp'ing and the grease groove deepening, of course, as well as the nose-slitting. Start with the heaviest load of Bullseye shown in the manuals, with the lightest bullet. Youll notice that it doesnt even cycle the slide with a 55 gr 9mm bullet, or the 90gr .45 bullet. Add .5 gr of powder at a time ,testfiring while 'hugging" a tree, with glasses , hiding your face, with the mag out, the grips off, and heavy leather gloves. Mike the case web after each shot, and if the case bulges as much as "plus P" cases do in that gun, stop. Me, I always go til either no velocity gain shows on the chrony, or the case bulges REALLY bad, or the primer flows, (or moves back out of the case or the case rim gets bent by the extractor-ejector.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Split Nose? you're not going to threaten me with your tiny little fist again, I' m very skeeerd of your pummelling me additionally. That split nose metaphor makes me urinate upon my leg in a vast and flowing yellow tide. I have ruined my beebops from fear induced involuntary loss of bladder control, my nightmares of blurring tiny andy fists have rendered me sleepless with trepidation, truama and anxiety. Split nose--aargh! mercy mercy, tiny fist, nut grabber, no more fearsome allegory please, tiny little fist man.
SatCong
PS-- please also, not to be grabbing at my nutsack with your tiny llittle hairless fists.
Thank-You

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Ha,ha,ha,ha,!

truly a CLASSIC if there is one.

i think sat-cong, and others [my-self inculded] would have a 'THING' or so about you 'CAVING' in anybodys face.

when the light switches fail , i'm huntin' davis ass!

then i'll retire to my COMPOUND.[just one last FREE SPIRIT romp,mind you!]

thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts