Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI – our local Sports Authority store is supposed to have all Winchester ammo on sale next week; $2 off per box, any Winchester ammo they stock. On the high-end stuff, this may not mean much, but they stock the white-box 223 fmj @ $4.49, and the 5.56 load (Q3131A) @ $4.99. So that means $2.49 and $2.99 a box respectively; worth mentioning.

Sale’s supposed to start this Sunday. Don’t know if this is at all the stores in the chain or not; just thought I’d pass it along.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turned out to be true. I picked up 25 boxes of Q3131A for $2.99 apiece; 500 rounds of brass-cased, boxer-primed Israeli mil-spec ammo for $78.

Didn't really need it, but how do you pass up that kind of deal... I was going to buy the cheaper stuff, just to let my son blast it thru the new AR, to break it in. (Get occasional double-fires with it still, but not as bad as when new. I'm sure he hates that particular chore... :dgrin: ) But the store had changed their prices. The USA 223 is now the same price as the full 5.56; both $4.99. So I bought the 5.56 stuff, and I'll let the kids burn up some of the old .223 stuff I've got on hand instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts