Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was selecting a plain edge multi-purpose knife, and after checking out reviews decided to try out the brand that I haven't dealt with, Spyderco. Looking at the reviews and prices, they seem to be good for the money and I assume they are made of quality steel. I was wondering, which of these 2 you would pick if you were me?
Spyderco Street Bowie Black Plain Edge Knife with Black Blade
Spyderco Bill Moran Upswept Plain Edge Knife, Black
Thanks.
PS - maybe other similar knives by spyderco?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Only spyderco I use is a delica lockblade, my primary edc knife. Two main reasons I went with it was because it works for a left-hander and has the emerson 'wave', which works out well for me. I've had good luck with it; it has good VG10 blade steel which does pretty good. Never used any of their fixed blades though.

Curious how you mean 'multi-purpose' knife..? Is this a woods thing, a defensive thing, or something else?

Reactions: Skorpion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply, John. By a 'multi-purpose' knife I mean one that can be used whenever I need to cut anything. But more or less, I was looking for a woods thing, man.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I carried a pouched belt knife for years, but found that with OWB holster, spare magazine ouch, and cell phone carrier, I was starting to look like Batman with his utility belt. My Son bought me a Kershaw 1550 St for my birthday. It's a fine blade that stay's sharp an is handy clipped to the right pocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I carried a pouched belt knife for years, but found that with OWB holster, spare magazine ouch, and cell phone carrier, I was starting to look like Batman with his utility belt. My Son bought me a Kershaw 1550 St for my birthday. It's a fine blade that stay's sharp an is handy clipped to the right pocket.
I didn't even think of adding Kershaw to my list, but as long that's the knife you personally recommend, I will check it out as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I've had good luck with Raid Ops Kerambits(the Reaper model) some Bestech and Artisan Cutlery folders..the CKRT Buku... I like Spyderco knives... that Street Beat Bowie has a lot going for it,as does the old Police folder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wouldn't buy a Spyderco.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Haven't seen one I liked. Own two or three I don't like.

Poor designs.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have a couple spiderco knives - I like the police model, and have a dragonfly that was cheap, but refuses to die.

I carry a benchmade more often than not..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts