Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

STANDING there for hours on end, piled up

513 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  John in AR 
Well whatever you're calling yourself, today, you scored on this one!

Yeah, Springsteen sounds like hell; but, then again, he also sounded like hell 40 years ago. I would know, too. My mother was a solo contralto with the Fred Waring coral, and my aunt was a concert organist and pianist at several of the largest, and at the time, most popular cathedrals in North America.

I grew up listening to the most melodious (and difficult to perform) music that the western world had to offer. Trust me on this: The people I used to regularly listen to during their recitals and practice sessions would not have allowed any rank musical vocalist like Springsteen to so much as turn pages on their sheet music for them.

Noisemakers like Springsteen, et al, are symptomatic of what is going increasingly wrong with American culture. 'Rough rock' like the cacophony of stilted range, off-key noises that Springsteen makes represent an unmistakable decline, rather than the ongoing development, of Western art, music, and culture.

(Just another sorry sign of the woeful times in which we are all presently living.) :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.